Cortland Repertory Theatre Seeks Submissions For Downtown Winter Visual Art Gallery
Cortland Repertory Theatre Downtown is announcing an open call for visual art entries for a Cortland Community Arts Exhibition running Friday, February 22- Sunday, March 3, 2019 at CRT Downtown, 24 Port Watson Street in downtown Cortland. Entries are limited to residents of Cortland County, including professionals, amateurs and high school seniors. Students and faculty from Tompkins Cortland Community College and SUNY Cortland are also eligible to enter. Applications are available to download at www.cortlandrep.org, for pick up at CRT Downtown, 24 Port Watson Street in Cortland, or by emailing ArtGallery@CortlandRep.org.
This will be a juried exhibition. Jury members include Christine Shanks, Chair and Associate Professor of Graphic Design at Tompkins Cortland Community College ; Scott Oldfield, Drawing Instructor at SUNY Cortland and sculptor; Benjamin Sandberg, Museum Director at the 1890 House Museum and scenic designer, theatrical technical director and industrial artist; and Kat McCarthy, Executive Director of the Cultural Council of Cortland County.
All presentation-ready 2D and 3D work is welcome for submission. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces for jury, with a total nonrefundable entry fee of $10 for students, $20 for all others. Applications and entry fee must be received by CRT no later than January 31, 2019. These may be dropped off at CRT Downtown or mailed to CRT, PO Box 783, Cortland, NY 13045.
- 2-D works: All mediums are welcome. Submissions must be properly framed and wired for hanging; glass is not required. Artwork should have gallery wrapped canvas or clean/finished edge.
- 3-D works: Work must not require assembly and must sit solidly on surface (floor or pedestal).
- All artwork must have an attached label with artist name, title of work, medium, size and price (if for sale). Labels will be available with the Entry Form.
- All submitted pieces must be dropped off at CRT Downtown on Sunday, February 17 between 1pm-4pm or Monday, February 18 between 9am 5pm. Should a work not be selected for the exhibition, it must be retrieved by 5pm, Friday, February 22.
- Artists may make pieces available for sale. CRT will collect a 10% commission on any and all pieces sold during the exhibition with sales handled by the CRT box office.
The gallery will open with a gala opening night reception on Friday, February 22 from 5pm 8pm. Appetizers and cash beer/wine bar will be available. Artists with accepted pieces will receive one free ticket to opening reception. Additional tickets may be purchased for $10.00. Following that, the exhibition will be open for viewing from February 22 -March 3 with the following hours: Sat/Sun from noon 5pm, and Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Admission is free after the opening reception, with a suggested donation of $5.00.