Ripley's Believe It or Not! 'A Century of Strange!' Now on Sale
ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 29, 2018 /PRNewswire/ Paying homage to the centennial anniversary of Ripley's Believe It or Not! coming up on December 19, 2018, the 15 th edition in the popular Believe It or Not! series, "A Century of Strange!" features 256 colorful pages of wild, wonderful, and not-to-be-missed stories.
Just as Ripley's Believe It or Not! founder Robert L. Ripley-a cartoonist, explorer, reporter, adventurer, and collector who traveled to 201 countries in 35 years seeking the odd, the unusual and the unexplained-famously astounded people 100 years ago with his unbelievable but all true facts and stories, "A Century of Strange!" follows in his footsteps featuring 1,200 weird-but-true stories from around the world.
From conga-dancing dogs and bicycling ballerinas, and death-defying motorcycle stunts, the newest book from Ripley's Believe It or Not! is sure to delight readers of all ages.
The 15 th edition in the popular Believe It or Not! series features talent from across the globe and brought to life in the vibrant pages of "A Century of Strange!":
- The adorable Pompeyo family and their 18 show dogs that can skip rope, jump from great heights and even dance in a conga line
- Master of impalement arts The Great Throwdini - the only person in the world known to successfully perform the Veiled Double Wheel of Death stunt
- Strongman Chris "Hairculese" Rider who can pull a car up to .25 miles using just his hair
- Mega motocross star and Nitro Circus founder Travis Pastrana's successful completion of the world's first barge-to-barge motorcycle backflip
- A Ripley-inspired creation by YouTube's over-the-top food junkies "Hellthy Junk Food"
- The artistic cycling talents of Lea Schaepe who can ride a bike while standing on the handlebars
"A Century of Strange!" is available at all major booksellers and on Amazon starting Aug. 28.
Media Assets for Download: https://www.ripleys.com/publishing/newsroom
Review copies, giveaway copies, video and further information available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suzanne Smagala-Potts - U.S.
Public Relations Manager
Office: 407-345-8010 | Cell: 727-439-0136
Melanie Greco - Canada
Public Relations Consultant
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Ripley's Believe It or Not! "A Century of Strange!"
Cover of Ripley Publishing's newest title 'Ripley's Believe It or Not! A Century of Strange'
Origin of the Princess Leia Bun
Bat & Spider
Asaro Mud Men
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ripleys-believe-it-or-not-a-century-of-strange-now-on-sale-300703773.html
SOURCE Ripley Publishing