New eBook ENTERPRISE SOCIAL MEDIA is Released
CHICAGO, April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ Companies often forge ahead on internal social media without a real strategy or even clear objectives. Avoid the common pitfalls that this can causethrough a new eBook, Enterprise Social Media: 5 Ways to Maximize Trust and Master Social Media on the Inside. Leadership and communication expert David Grossman, offers leaders quick strategies to make Enterprise Social Media (ESM) a more powerful tool for organizations.
"In the world of internal communications, few tools have enhanced the way employees learn and interact as much as social media," says David Grossman, founder and CEO of the award-winning leadership and internal communication consultancy, The Grossman Group. "Many organizations believe that ESM is a panacea for every challenge their company faces. It can't create dialogue and engagement out of thin-air; but using these platforms correctly can enhance a healthy communications landscape."
The eBook covers five critical strategies, including:
- Social Media Is Not a Magic Bullet: It's true that ESM can enhance the way information flows inside an organization, but a social media platform can't create dialogue and engagement out of thin air.
- Be Curators and Docents: Companies have a false sense that ESM tools are completely user driven. You must have a hand in assembling shareable content and become guides and interpreters of it.
- Yes Virginia, There Is an ROI: Companies that put a premium on ESM conversations have a higher likelihood of turning employees into brand ambassadors.
- Hockey Pucks and Subways: Communicators need to anticipate where their key stakeholders are headed, not where they've been. It's critically important to anticipate employee needs and preferences.
- Leadership (Still) Matters Most: Online tools alone can never bridge any pre-existing gaps in leadership communications. Far more important is the leadership behaviors that compromise effective communications.
Enterprise Social Media contains valuable insights into internal social media that will not only resonate with employees and leaders alike but will drive measurable business outcomes.
Download Enterprise Social Media: 5 Ways to Maximize Trust and Master Social Media and see how to create sustainable online success.
About David Grossman
A leading consultant, speaker and author,David Grossman ABC, APR, Fellow PRSAis one of America's foremost authorities on communication inside organizations. He is Founder and CEO ofThe Grossman Group, an award-winning Chicago-based leadership and communications consultancy that focuses on organizational consulting, strategic leadership development and internal communications for Fortune 500 clients. A frequent media source, David provides expert commentary and analysis on employee and leadership issues. He's been featured on "NBC Nightly News", WSJ.com, Today.com, in theChicago Tribune, LA Times,andCBS MoneyWatch, among others.His forthcoming book "No Cape Needed: The Simplest, Smartest, Fastest Steps To Improve How You Communicate By Leaps and Bounds," is scheduled for release in August, 2015.
The Grossman Group
SOURCE The Grossman Group