Milking It for all It's Worth: Difficulties from Long-Running...
In a new theme collection of articles released in Choices Magazine, Americas Dairy Industry Facing Difficulties from Long-Running Structural Changes, examine the current situation, focusing on structure, marketing arrangements, and marketing stresses.
Articles in the theme:
- Dairy Sector Consolidation, Scale, Automation and Factor Biased Technical Change: Working through Get Big or Get Out
Hongli Feng, David A. Hennessy, Yanan Jia, Melissa G.S. McKendree, and Christopher A. Wolf
- Does Revenue Diversification Improve Small and Medium-Sized Dairy Farm Profitability?
Curtis L. Mahnken and Joleen C. Hadrich
- Regional Values for Milk Are Changing
Mark W. Stephenson and Charles F. Nicholson
- Disorderly Marketing in the Twenty-First Century U.S. Dairy Industry
Andrew M. Novakovic and Christopher A. Wolf
- New California Milk Marketing Regulations Will Not Change Economic Fundamentals
Daniel A. Sumner
If you are interested in setting up an interview with authors from any of the above articles, please contact Allison Scheetz in the AAEA Business Office.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes two journals, the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.