'Learn and Be Curious' The Amazon Way with John Rossman
"My goal in writing The Amazon Way was to offer insights and actionable techniques to increase company speed, improve accountability, create clarity, and innovate customer experiences.
Since publishing the book in June 2014, I've collaborated with hundreds of teams and leaders, applying lessons from the book to their cultures and businesses. What I didn't expect was the feedback, the energy - and, quite frankly, the frustration that accompanied the process of creating change.
The press wanted to know the same thing the business leaders did: What is Amazon's "secret sauce"? The Amazon Way was favorably reviewed, perhaps most notably by The New York Times ("Examining The Amazon Way"), and I spent two days being interviewed by David Faber of CNBC for the documentary Amazon Rising.
Years later, the invitations to speak to leaders and their teams continue. Organizations want to innovate, move faster, operate better, break down bureaucracy, build new business models, and incorporate digital capabilities in everything they do - and they continue to look to Amazon as a model."
John Rossman goes on not only update Amazon's leadership principles but also lists and explains 10 new leadership principles that he's heard from other leaders looking to incorporate The Amazon Way.
- Create obsession about customers and about the right results.
- Simplify, integrate, and automate processes to scale your business.
- Enable accountability and manage dependencies.
- Drive continuous improvement through instrumentation.
- Develop platform strategies.
- Create small, independent teams to avoid bureaucracy.
- It is all about technology - but not about your IT department.
- Develop clarity and simplicity in what you are doing - and not doing.
- Experiment more through small bets.
- Raise your "change IQ".
To order the revised second edition of "The Amazon Way" and learn more Amazon leadership principles, click here.
ABOUT JOHN ROSSMAN
John Rossman is an advisor, thought leader and keynote speaker on Digital Strategy and Amazon Leadership Principles. He travels the country speaking on Digital Disruption, IoT, Innovation, and Leadership - "The Amazon Way". For more information, visit https://tinyurl.com/JohnRossman.