First Audiobook from Le French Book is Released
For mystery and thriller publisher Le French Book, "a book is a book is a book" no matter what format it comes in. The translation publisher began digital first, added print books and now has deals with Audible for audiobooks.
The first audio title is now available. It's The Bleiberg Project by David Khara, narrated by Graham Vick. This thriller kicks off the Consortium Thriller series, which dips into the history of World War II, then races through a modern-day loop-to-loop of action and humor. What impact could the folly of World War II-death camps, medical manipulation and chemical warfare-still have today? Fighting massive destruction, the hero is a mixture of Highlander and James Bond, who is bent on justice. The series juggles with time and place in a potent mix constructed around flashbacks that allow readers to piece together key events. But chase scenes, gunfights and explosions are only one part of the story. The main theme is resistance and what makes people great.
In The Bleiberg Project, absolute truths become undeniable lies overnight for depressive Wall Street trader Jeremy Corbin. He finds out his long-lost father is dead, he discovers his boss's real identity, and he ends up boarding a plane to Zurich. He has a Nazi medallion in his pocket, a hot CIA bodyguard next to him, and a clearly dangerous Mossad agent on his tail. What was his father investigating? Why was his mother assassinated? Why are unknown sides fighting over him with automatic weapons? Can the conspiracy be stopped?
This fast-paced thriller full of humor and humanity was an instant sensation in France. It's like a dash of Robin Cook, a splash of John Grisham, and a pinch of Clive Cussler combined into a unique experience with a very distinctive voice all its own.
The ebook version of the book is also available, and the print release is scheduled for July 15.
The Shiro Project, the second Consortium thriller, is schedule for release in fall.
Praise for The Bleiberg Project
- Blue Moon Award for Best Thriller
- Over 130,000 copies sold
- "A solid thriller." -Publishers Weekly
- "A phenomenon." -Gérard Collard, TV host, France 5
- "If you like thrillers, you'll love 'The Bleiberg Project'. If you don't like thrillers, read 'The Bleiberg Project' and then you will like thrillers."
- "This book kept me completely involved from the first page. The suspense is incredible... Khara did his research and used it to weave a tale so believable you'll find yourself shuddering because it could be happening right now." -Criminal Element
- "Khara's thriller, with its pared-down prose, pell-mell pace, and extreme brevity, might remind some of Ian Fleming's Bond novels or Adam Hall's Quiller series..." -Library Journal
The Bleiberg Project
by David Khara; translated by Simon John -published by Le French Book - ISBN: 978-0-9853206-9-0 (Kindle)/ 978-1-939474-99-5 (epub) / 978-1-939474-06-3 (trade paperback - First published in French (Le Projet Bleiberg, Les Editions Critic) - Direct-to-digital translation available; trade paperback release: July 15, 2014.
About Le French Book
Le French Book (http://www.lefrenchbook.com) is a New York-based publisher that brings France's best crime fiction, thrillers, novels, and short stories to new readers across the English-speaking world. Its motto is: "If we love it, we'll translate it."
©2014 Le French Book, Inc. All rights reserved. Information is subject to change without notice.