Author Stan Popovich Provides Tips on How to Help a Loved One Who Struggles with Depression and Addiction
CARNEGIE, Pa., Sept. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ Are you tired of seeing a loved one or friend struggle with fear, anxiety, depression, or addiction and not be able to help them?
Stan Popovich, author of "A Layman's Guide to Managing Fear," offers 7 ways to help the person cope in these kinds of situations and help them get their life back on track:
- Learn as much as you can in managing anxiety and addiction: There are many books and information that will educate you on how to deal with fear and anxiety.
- Be understanding and patient with the person struggling with their fears: Try to understand what the person is going through and don't be quick to make judgement without getting all of the facts of the situation.
- Talk to the person instead of talking at them: Talk to the person about their issues without getting angry or frustrated. Most people will listen if you approach them in a proper manner.
- Seek some kind of assistance: Getting advice from a professional is the number one priority in helping your loved one or friend. Joining a local mental health support group can also be a great way of getting some mental health advice.
- Talk to the person on what will happen if they do not get treatment: Another way to convince the person who is struggling is to get help is to tell them what may happen if they don't get some assistance.
- Find out the reasons why the person won't get help: Try to find out the reasons why he or she won't get the assistance they need. You will have a better chance of getting through to that person by doing this.
- Don't assume that a person's mental health issues will just go away: Be persistent in reminding the person that they need to take a proactive approach in getting their mental health issues under control.
About Stan Popovich
Stan is the author of a popular managing fear book, "A Layman's Guide To Managing Fear." Stan's book has received over 400 book reviews and offers a lot of free mental health advice on his website. For more information and some more helpful advice, visit Stan's website at www.managingfear.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/author-stan-popovich-provides-tips-on-how-to-help-a-loved-one-who-struggles-with-depression-and-addiction-300714818.html
SOURCE Stan Popovich