HGTV's John Gidding Set for Austin's Spring 2015 Home & Garden Show, 3/27-29
From spring cleaning to planting, to home improvement, Central Texans will be able to find everything they need for both home and garden at the 10th Annual Austin Spring Home & Garden Show, March 27-29 at Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin.
Now its 10th year, the Austin Spring Home & Garden Show blossoms with outstanding vendors, celebrities, exciting presentations and fun activities for the entire family. The Palmer Events Center is transformed into a vibrant, colorful home and garden paradise, with aisle after aisle of dazzling displays, interactive demos, and experts in virtually every area of home building, remodeling and gardening. There are beautiful furnishings, state-of-the-art kitchen, wall design and countertop displays, closet organization, the latest in sinks, tubs, fixtures and even pools, spas and outdoor living areas.
For the yard and garden, there are imaginative landscape displays with unique water features and a wide variety of plants and garden accessories.
Whether it's a small home improvement project or a complete renovation, guests can expect one-on-one time to consult with expert builders, contractors, remodelers, interior designers and landscapers among others. Some of the top professionals in the industry are available to offer invaluable advice and practical 'how to's on everything from common home improvement topics such as gutters, walls, and flooring, to home security, media technology, solar energy and much more.
On the celebrity stage, the Austin Spring Home & Garden Show is thrilled to host celebrity guest JOHN GIDDING of HGTV's 'Curb Appeal' and 'Designed to Sell', who will be presenting seminars throughout the weekend. He will share his keen insight and fascinating ideas on 'facades and landscapes'. Other fun and informative presentations include a special seminar by Peter Pfeiffer, of Barley|Pfeiffer Architecture on 'high performance building', and Austin's Susan Crenshaw speaks on the benefits of decorating using consignment pieces (full seminar schedule below).
As a special feature, there will also be a live musical performance by up-and-coming country music singing sensation, Kaylee Rutland on Saturday from 5-7:00 pm.
For the shoppers, there is a unique Art, Gift and Gourmet Center offers unique shopping, with artisan foods and handcrafted gifts, GO TEXAN products and gourmet treats.
The Austin Home and Garden show is $8.50 for adults (17+), $6.50 for seniors (65+) all weekend, and free for kids 16 and under. Admission is complimentary for all active duty military personnel (valid ID required). For best value, receive $2 off admission when tickets are purchased online in advance. Complimentary Autumn Beauty Sunflower Seeds and tote bags (while supplies last).
WHAT: The 10th Annual Austin Spring Home & Garden Show
WHEN: Friday, March 27, 2-7pm, Saturday, March 28, 10am-7pm, and Sunday, March 29, 11am-5pm
WHERE: PALMER EVENTS CENTER, 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704
PARKING: Parking is available for $8 at the Palmer Parking Garage, adjacent to the facility with two entrances; Barton Springs Road or Riverside Drive.
ADMISSION: Adults 17+ - $8.50; Kids 16 years and under - Free; Seniors 65+ - $6.50 (All Weekend)*; Active Duty Military - Free; $1.00 off coupon available online at ShowTechnology.com. For best value, receive $2 off admission when purchased in advance, online at www.austinhomeandgardenshow.com.
*No further discounts applied to senior admission.
*Note - a portion of all tickets will be donated to HAAM (Health Alliance for Austin Musicians)
· Celebrity Appearance! John Gidding of HGTV's 'Curb Appeal' and 'Designed to Sell'
· Seminars all weekend!
· Builders and Remodelers one on one advice from the pros
· Designer Room Showcase & Ultimate Garage explore the possibilities of your dream rooms and garage
· Closets and Storage clever ideas for home and garage organization
· Appliances, Fixtures and Hardware new ideas and expert advice
· Green Living earth-friendly and energy-saving tips and ideas
· Home Improvement Zone featuring everything from the front door to the backyard
· Interior Design inspiration on breathtaking and comfortable interiors
· Latest trends in Kitchen & Bath browse cabinets, countertops, appliances and more
· Windows and Doors wide selection and energy efficient options
· Landscaping, Decks and Fencing creating a beautiful outdoor paradise and lush curb appeal
· Pools, spas and sunrooms for every budget inspiration to create a backyard getaway or enhance outdoor spaces
· Flooring & Appliances learn what works best in all spaces
· Furniture and Bedding from latest trends to timeless inspiration
· Home Technology and Security latest technology in keeping home and family safe
· Art, Gift & Gourmet Center pick up some locally made GO TEXAN gift and treats
About Celebrity Guest John Gidding - of HGTVs Curb Appeal and Designed To Sell - Before beginning his career in television, John got his start as a fashion model and worked the runways for Armani and Gucci. He's been featured on ABC, NBC, CNN and HGTV, most recently as the Host & Designer on "Curb Appeal". John is a frequent guest on Rachel Ray, a favorite on Home Shopping Network and Hosts HGTV specials such as "Dream Home". To the delight of his many fans, he is a featured speaker at home and garden shows across the United States.