WAKE UP with BWW 11/30/2015 - Fred Ebb Awards, Charlie Brown's 50th Christmas and More!
Good morning, BroadwayWorld! Because we know all our readers eat, sleep and breathe Broadway, what could be better than waking up to it? Today's big news: Stacey Luftig and Phillip Palmer are honored with 2015 Fred Ebb Awards tonight; and be sure to set your DVR! Kristen Bell hosts ABC's IT'S YOUR 50TH CHRISTMAS, CHARLIE BROWN this evening.
Next up in our series of stars introducing BWW's morning feature is Adam Dannheisser (portrait by Walter McBride), who is currenty starring in FIDDLER ON THE ROOF and has also appeared in ROCK OF AGES, CYMBELINE, THE COAST OF UTOPIA, PROOF, TWELFTH NIGHT and THE TEMPEST!
NEWS YOU MISSED THIS WEEKEND:
- DADDY LONG LEGS will stream live online next month!
- Goodspeed's new executive director Michael Gennaro is bringing his vision to the Connecticut icon.
- We got a look (right) at the Scarecrow's character card for THE WIZ LIVE!, plus photos from the first international production of THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY in Manila, and a peek at Andrew Rannells as a vintage King George III!
- Archeologists have uncovered new details on Shakespeare's Stratford mansion.
- Italy's prime minister has responded to terrorist threats by upping the country's spending on culture...
- Last week's live broadcast of Kenneth Branagh's WINTER'S TALE topped box offices in the UK.
- And Oscar winner Anne Hathaway is expecting her first child!
Broadway Weather Forecast: High of 47 degrees and mostly cloudy for our start of the week.
Quote of the Day: A word from birthday boy and CHINA DOLL playwright David Mamet...
What we're looking forward to reading: HAMILTON's new souvenir booklet, featuring essays from the creative team!
Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel) November 27, 2015
Video of the Day: In case you missed it, watch all of the performances from this year's MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE here, and check out ON YOUR FEET!'s big entrance below!
And a Happy Birthday shout-out to Mandy Patinkin, who turns 63 today!
Patinkin last starred on Broadway in AN EVENING WITH PATTI LUPONE AND MANDY PATINKIN in 2011. Before that, he took the Broadway stage in CELEBRATING SONDHEIM, MANDY PATINKIN IN CONCERT (in three separate editions), THE WILD PARTY, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, FALSETTOS, THE SECRET GARDEN, EVITA, THE SHADOW BOX, HAMLET and TRELAWNY OF THE 'WELLS'. He won the 1980 Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical for EVITA and nabbed nominations for THE WILD PARTY and SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE. Among his off-Broadway credits are COMPULSION, THE TEMPEST, THE WINTER'S TALE, THE KNIFE, FOLLIES in concert, HENRY IV, PART I, REBEL WOMEN and PARADISE FOUND in the West End. The actor is well known for his portrayal of 'Inigo Montoya' in THE PRINCESS BRIDE film and for his role in the TV series HOMELAND.
See you bright and early tomorrow, BroadwayWorld!