State of the Arts NYC's Holiday Lineup to Feature Laurie Andersen, Mark Morris and More
State of the Arts NYC on WBAI FM Radio with host/producer Savona Bailey-McClain adds pop and sizzle to a cherished station looking for a 21st century edge. So, the producer is marketing to a younger demographic with an upbeat look and stellar guests for the holiday season.
Listeners can look forward to hearing:
- Laurie Andersen, American artist, musician and film director who creates pop music and multi-media projects.
- Mark Morris is an American dancer, choreographer and director. Noted for innovative and sometimes controversial works. Dubbed a modern Balanchine.
- JulIan Rosefeldt, German artist and filmmaker who has created Manifesto starring Cate Blanchett at the Park Avenue Armory. This multi-media installation shows a collage of artistic declarations from the past century reinterpreted as poetic monologues to provoke timeless questions about the gendered, social, and political contexts that shape the artist's role in society.
- Jonah Bokaer is an American choreographer and media artist. He works on live performances in the United States and elsewhere, including choreography, digital media, cross-disciplinary collaborations, and social enterprise.
- The New York Botanical Gardens Train Show is back with enchanting model trains zip through a display of 150 landmarks, each re-created with bark, leaves, and other natural materials under the twinkling glow of the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory. Marvel at G-scale locomotives humming along among familiar sights such as the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty, and Rockefeller Center on nearly a half-mile of track.