Contest: Any Parody You Can Write, I Can Write Better
Enter and Win!
BroadwayWorld.com and DRG Records is giving away five (5) copies of Forbidden Broadway's Special Victims Unit CD. Who: YOU!What: Now's your chance to show off your musical talents by writing a parody like those featured in Forbidden Broadway Special Victims Unit!
Where: Email your name and mailing address and lyrics (include the name of the song and show you are using) to firstname.lastname@example.org
When: You have up until midnight on Friday, June 10th. Winners will be announced on Monday, June 13th. You may enter as many times as you like.
How: Prizes courtesy of DRG RecordsGOOD LUCK!
About Forbidden Broadway Special Victims Unit
"The most gratifying and freshest Forbidden Broadway in years!"
Ben Brantley, The New York Times, 12/17/04Forbidden Broadway, a favorite of New York theatre lovers and critics alike, continues to take aim at the bountiful bevy of Broadway's best with its current incarnation Forbidden Broadway: Special Victims Unit! This latest installment from writer/creator Gerard Alessandrini (which opened Off-Broadway on December 16th, 2004) slings its arrows at Wicked, Avenue Q, Movin' Out, La Cage aux Folles, Assassins, I Am My Own Wife, The Boy From Oz, Dracula and Bombay Dreams. Featured in the cast are Ron Bohmer, Jason Mills, Jennifer Simard, Megan Lewis and a special appearance on this recording by Christine Pedi.The show has been a major hit on four continentsEurope (London), Asia (Singapore & Japan), Australia (Melbourne) and several open-ended engagements in Los Angeles as Forbidden Hollywood poking fun at the movie industry.Track Listing:
1. The Crime Scene (Tomorrow/On Broadway)
2. Forbidden Broadway: Special Victims Unit
3. Bombay Wet Dreams (Lullaby of Broadway/Hooray for Hollywood)
4. You Gotta Get a Puppet (You Gotta Get a Gimmick)
5. It Sucks to Be Us (It Sucks to Be Me)
6. Thoroughly Perky Millie (Thoroughly Modern Mille)
7. Movin' Out (My Life)
8. 'Night Mother (That's Amore/Ma, He's Making Eyes at Me)
9. Welcome to the Tonys (Welcome to the Sixties)
10. The Boy Who's Odd (I Got to Rio/Everything Old Is New Again)
11. I Love Patti (I Love Paris)
12. Das Mel Brooks Song (Haben Sie Gehört das Deutsche Band?)
13. Wickerder (Popular/Defying Gravity)
14. No Leading Lady Tonight (Luck Be a Lady Tonight)
15. Forbidden Assassins (I Am Not Worthy of Your Love)
16. Julie Andrews Hosts PBS-The American Musical: The Next Hundred Years
17. I Am My Own Cast (Willkommen)
18. Mamma Mi-Diocre (Mamma Mia/Dancing Queen)
19. Fiddler With No Jew (Tradition/Matchmaker/Sabbath Prayer)
20. Harvey Fierstein as Tevye (If I Were a Rich Man)
21. Bernadette Peters in Gypsy (Rose's Turn)
22. Ethel Merman & Friends (There's No Business Like Show Business)
23. Encore: "La Cage Aw Ful" (La Cage aux Folles/The Best of Times)