92nd Street Y Hosts Annual STREET FEST, 9/27
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Meryl Wheeler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 12:01 PM
Subject: 92Y Street Fest - Sun Sep 30
To: Kyle West <email@example.com>
Street Fest 2018 - 92Y Brings Its Programs Out Onto Lexington Ave. - Sep 30
PRESS CONTACT: Meryl Wheeler | 212.413.8841 | mwheeler@92Y.org
92Y PRESENTS STREET FEST 2018
SUNDAY, September 30,12-5 pm
Lexington Ave, 79th-94th Streets
Performances from Big Apple Circus and the Broadway Casts of Beautiful The Carole King Musical, The Band's Visit, Summer: The Donna Summer Musical, Anastasia, Smokey Joe's Café: The Songs of Lieber and Stoller and More
Presenting Sponsor Weill Cornell Medicine Offers FREE Health Screenings
JetBlue Offers Chance to Win Free Tickets
Other Highlights: Health Tips for Kids, Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course, Fitness Demos, Art, Ceramics and Jewelry, International Way, Raffle Prizes & More
New York, NY -- September 18, 2018 92nd Street Y brings its famous programs out onto Lexington Avenue for New Yorkers of all ages to enjoy at the Annual 92Y Street Fest. The FREE outdoor event takes place Sunday, September 30, from 12-5 pm on Lexington Avenue between 79th and 94th Streets.
Weill Cornell Medicine is the presenting sponsors of 92Y Street Fest - which includes events and activities for adults, children and families. The media sponsor of the festival is 1010 WINS.
- Performances at the main stage (at 92nd St. and Lex), including the casts from the Broadway productions of: Beautiful The Carole King Musical, The Band's Visit, Summer: The Donna Summer Musical, Anastasia, Smokey Joe's Café: The Songs of Lieber and Stoller. Big Apple Circus also performs.
- Music and dance performances at the main stage from 92Y School of Music and Harkness Dance faculty, including the Jaime Reynolds Trio, the Melanie Scholtz and Brian Chareete Quartet, Halau Olelo, FlexN, The Bang Group, Community Dance Project and 92Y Theater for Young Audiences.
- Wellness Way: A city block (between 86th and 87th St.) featuring Weill Cornell experts offering free health screenings, health tips, massages and blender bikes (for festival-goers to make their own smoothies).
Smartphone and Social Media Tips for Grandparents: Courtesy of experts from 92Y's Grandparents Center.
- Fitness Demos: Including Zumba and Femme Vitale, among other fitness classes offered at 92Y.
- Art, Ceramics and Jewelry: Works created by 92Y School of the Arts faculty and students, available for purchase.
- Dance: Show us your best dance moves! Be inspired to Twist, Moonwalk, #Kiki, #Lilo or make up your own, and share on social media!
on 92Y Camp and May Center for Health and Fitness, plus raffle prizes for 92Y credits.
- JetBlue offers free round-trip airline tickets enter to win them at the 92Y Info Booths at 87th, 91st and 93rd streets.
- Sonia Rincon of 1010 WINS serves as co-master of ceremonies at the Festival's main stage.
92Y Street Fest also features a host of free activities for Kids and Families throughout the day, including: pediatric health tips, featuring Weill Cornell Medicine experts; face painting and a coloring corner (courtesy of Weill Cornell); a Ninja Warrior obstacle course (for ages 5-12); gymnastics demos (92Y Gymstars gymnastics team exhibition); a tiny tumbler obstacle course (for ages 2-5); STEAM activities for kids (group percussion and solar system bracelets - courtesy of 92Y Camps); and a free health food truck (courtesy of Weill Cornell Medicine).
At Lexington Avenue between 90th and 91st streets is International Way, a world tour of booths representing Poland, Germany, Korea, Ukraine, China and Thailand. Festival-goers can sample delicacies and discover handicrafts from around the globe.
92nd Street Y is a world-class, nonprofit cultural and community center that fosters the mental, physical and spiritual health of people throughout their lives, offering: wide-ranging conversations with the world's best minds; an outstanding range of programming in the performing, visual and literary arts; fitness and sports programs; and activities for children and families. 92Y is reimagining what it means to be a community center in the digital age with initiatives like the award-winning #GivingTuesday, launched by 92Y in 2012 and now recognized across the US and in a growing number of regions worldwide as a day to celebrate and promote giving. These kinds of initiatives are transforming the way people share ideas and translate them into action both locally and around the world. More than 300,000 people visit 92Y annually; millions more participate in 92Y's digital and online initiatives. A proudly Jewish organization since its founding in 1874, 92Y embraces its heritage and welcomes people of all backgrounds and perspectives. For more information, visit www.92Y.org.
92nd Street Y never sells or trades customer email addresses. Unsubscribe or update your eNews preferences.
92nd Street Y | 1395 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10128 (corner of 92nd Street) 212.415.5500 | www.92Y.org
All programs are subject to change. If you are having trouble viewing this message, see it in your browser.