Palladium news tomorrow expected

AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 6/26/14 at 04:49pm
The theatre has a show to come in this Autumn...
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/26/14 at 05:01pm
Cats apparently
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/26/14 at 06:06pm
12 week run starting in December.... oh boy.

http://www.westendframe.com/2014/06/cats-returning-to-west-end.html
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/26/14 at 06:18pm
And apparently Evita is coming back for a super limited run as well into the Dominion starting in September?

http://www.westendframe.com/2014/06/evita-retuning-to-west-end-for-limited.html

Hmmmmmm....
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/26/14 at 08:17pm
Of course he has to f@#k with the score. What an idiot.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/26/14 at 09:06pm
12 weeks should be fine since it can make money over Christmas and February half-term, I do wonder whether one of the Chichester revivals will replace Cats from March or April.

Baz seems to think Aladdin will go into The Palladium from 2016 which would be the perfect theatre for the show.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/26/14 at 09:28pm
Here's the news about 'Aladdin' possibly playing at the Palladium. I do think it's a great theatre for this show.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Make-Way-ALADDIN-Eyeing-West-End-Run-at-the-London-Palladium-in-2016-20140626
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 6/27/14 at 02:48am
Aladdin as they say won't be here until Spring 2016 at the earliest. Cats could end up at The Palladium for a year or more if it proves successful.

Evita is confirmed to enter The Dominion for 8 weeks.

Great that these super tours are coming in to fill these large houses.
JessMoriarty
Swing
Posted: 6/27/14 at 06:22am
I can't wait to see Aladdin there. I hope I can make it to London. It looks like a nice show.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 08:27am
Theatres are starting to fill up now since Jeeves and Wooster is extending again, Sunny Afternoon is going into the Pinter and the Playhouse has Speed the Plow and Women on the Verge. Only the Apollo and Haymarket are free from September and I imagine they'll be snapped up soon. Might be difficult for any show wanting to come in unless they wait until late November when both the Wyndham's and Vaudeville become free.

I think Cats could easily extend at the Palladium until maybe September 2015 with a Christmas show like Elf playing from November to January then Aladdin or another big show taking over from February or March 2016. I imagine Disney will look at other theatres just in case they don't get the Palladium.

Updated On: 6/27/14 at 08:27 AM
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 09:42am
Isn't Urinetown moving into the Apollo this fall?

Updated On: 6/27/14 at 09:42 AM
Pharoah
Swing
Posted: 6/27/14 at 11:15am
The Wind In The Willows (which ran at the Duchess last Christmas) is going to the Vaudeville after Rabbit Hole. So as it stands, only the Wyndham's, the Apollo (Urinetown isn't yet confirmed) and the Haymarket are still free for the later part of this year, though the Haymarket may well get Great Britain from the NT. There's also the Noel Coward; Shakespeare in Love is booking 'til October, and it may not extend.

Jeeves and Wooster has extended, which is surprising as there was talk that it was struggling recently. And it's going on tour in September.

Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 11:39am
Jeeves and Wooster I imagine is cheap to run, it's only three actors and a fairly basic set, I'm guessing something fell through for it to extend.

I forgot about the Noel Coward Theatre, I imagine if Shakespeare in Love doesn't extend, it'll be free from November.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 12:15pm
When did Jeeves and Wooster extend and when to? I am surprised at the love for this, I thought this really would struggle.

This it takes 18-24 months to transfer a big show such as Aladdin.

Sunny Afternoon, could be the British Jersey Boys and run 10 years, I can see this being a big fat hit.

Wonder if Who's Afraid of Virginia Woofe transfers from Bath? Thought this would be a good fit for the Haymarket or Vaudeville?

Guess Playhouse is going to be dark between Speed the Plough and Woman on the Verge? This could be a good place for Wind in a The Willows for 6 weeks?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 12:25pm
Jeeves and Wooster is only extending until January.

Virginia Woolfe probably won't transfer until next year since Tim Piggott Smith is doing King Charles III in the Autumn.

I can see Sunny Afternoon doing well but ten years is hugely optimistic, if it does even a year, it'll be a success.

The gap between Speed the Plow and Women on the Verge is only three weeks so nothing will likely go in.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 01:11pm
Cats, worst show in history
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
Posted: 6/27/14 at 02:03pm
Is this EVITA worth seeing? It's a Lloyd Webber I really want to see, as I have never seen a live production of it. It seems to be his most lauded work.
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon ****
BoOverall
Swing
Posted: 6/27/14 at 03:39pm
It's a good musical and is particularly wonderful if Eva is very well cast: seen some stunning Evas in my time.
"No day but today" . http://bakingfanatic.wordpress.com
Pharoah
Swing
Posted: 6/27/14 at 03:47pm
Speed The Plow could always extend if it's a success- which I suspect (sales wise, anyway) it will be.

10 years for Sunny Afternoon?! I imagine it'll do well, but I don't think we can talk about that length of run quite yet.

Wind In The Willows is confirmed for the Vaudeville. Runs 27 Nov - 17 Jan,straight after Rabbit Hole which closes 22 Nov.

Virginia Woolf could always come in, but not 'til next year. Piggott Smith has Charles III 'til end of Nov, and Clare Higgins is in NYC doing A Delicate Balance 'til mid-Feb.

And there's always Chichester's Pressure which is the transfer I'm hoping for.

Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 04:26pm
Pressure I think will transfer but I don't know if Autumn is likely with the lack of available theatres. Perhaps the Noel Coward or the Wyndham's as I can't imagine either going dark once Shakespeare in Love and King Charles III finish their runs should either not extend.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/27/14 at 07:08pm
Sorry didn't realise Wind in the Willows has been confirmed.

I got a feeling that Shakespeare in Love is looking for a long run, I know this doesn't always work out in practice, but O wouldn't think Disney will back something that lasts only 3 months?

I really do believe Sunny Afternoon will be massive, has to get those stellar reviews again, it's in an intimate theatre, there is a big market for jukebox shows and I don't think The Kinks will be the exception here. The demographic that will see this are the over forties that are burdened by kids and mortgages, so have the disposable income and they aren't the people who would queue on TKT's. Hopefully this will be the show that closes Thriller and Mamma Mia and get decent theatres back in circulation.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/28/14 at 02:49pm
I don't know why everyone always seems to say 'oh its a jukebox show it will be a huge hit', there have been just as many, if not more, flop jukebox shows than hits. Off the top of my head theres

Never Forget
Desperately Seeking Susan
Viva Forever
Tonights The Night
Million Dollar Quartet
Daddy Cool

Even The Bodyguard was on dodgy ground until Beverly Knight came along and pretty much saved it

Shakespeare In Love is going to need strong revues to settle in for a long run
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/28/14 at 07:17pm
LOL, Princeton that is the funniest Ipad typo in the last paragraph ever.
alterego
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/29/14 at 11:00pm
I agree with songandanceman2...it's right up there with SAIGON and LES MIS. When will these trash monolith musicals from the 1980's go away.
Eurotrash
Understudy
Posted: 7/1/14 at 06:25am
They won't, because they are still the most popular type of show.
Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?

Message Board

Women on the Verge... 39 Posts

BWW BLOGS