How many Oliviers will Merrily win?

Musicaldudepeter
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/25/14 at 07:42pm
Do you think it has a chance at winning anything other than Revival? What about Charlie - will it win any of its noms?
RunFreedomRun
Swing
Posted: 3/26/14 at 04:51am
I think Jenna will probably take home Best Actress.

I also think Nigel Planer has a good chance at Best Supporting, although I'd like Stephen Ashfield to win, and I'm pretty sure Charlie will win Best Set Design.
2014 Shows: Cats (Tour) ***, Book of Mormon *****, Matilda (x2) *****, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (x3) ****, Stephen Ward (x2) ***, Happy Days (Tour) ***, I Can't Sing ****, Mamma Mia ***, Urinetown (x2) *****, Wicked *****
WestEndmasterclass
Swing
Posted: 4/2/14 at 07:21am
It is such a shame that Damien and Mark did not get nominated for Best Actor. They were both wonderful in the production and both deserve recognition. Jenna Russell HAS to win best actress. (IMO)
Musicaldudepeter
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/2/14 at 03:55pm
I know. How the F&CK did Douglas Hodge get in ahead of them. Especially Humbley.
Stewart A
Stand-by
Posted: 4/2/14 at 04:33pm
I know only so many actors can get nominated but if the likes of Damien and Mark were overlooked then something went wrong somewhere. Damien, in particular, was fantastic.
WestEndmasterclass
Swing
Posted: 4/3/14 at 05:08am
Douglas I can understand. I think he did a great job in Charlie but I don't understand how you can put someone up for an award (Gavin) who sings the songs in lower keys? Having had friends go in for his understudy who had to sibg all the songs in the original key. Don't get me wrong I think hes a great talent but an insult if they bring him over here and then have to lower the songs for him. There are plenty of talented guys over here that can play that part. Once again IMO.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Message Board

BWW BLOGS