2015 Oscar Coverage

BWW Profile: Eddie Redmayne Oscar-Nominated Star of Stage and Screen
by Jeffrey Walker - February 17, 2015

Eddie Redmayne is having a very good year. The 33-year old actor is nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for playing physicist Stephen Hawking in THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING. In the film, Redmayne has been singled out for his sensitive portrayal of Hawking that goes from his younger days through the onslaught of the progressive motor neuron disease that binds him to a wheelchair.

BWW Profile: Keira Knightley Oscar-Nominated Star of Stage and Screen
by Courtney Henley - February 16, 2015

All right, guys, it's confession time: there was a time, when I was but a young lass, that I wanted desperately to be Keira Knightley. She was in Pirates of the Caribbean (which I may or may not be able to quote from beginning to end), she was ridiculously talented, she wasn't that much older than me, and she was British (which, for some strange reason, I always wanted to be when I was young). Then, in 2006, she was nominated for an Academy Award for her role of Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, and that made her even more awesome. As I got older, I began to recognize how good she actually was in all of those movies - a thought which ran through my mind once again when I saw her performance in The Imitation Game, for which she received her second Oscar nomination.

BWW Profile: Meryl Streep Oscar Nominated Star of Stage and Screen
by Courtney Henley - February 19, 2015

It's simple: if you don't know Meryl Streep, you've been living under a rock for the past 30 years or so. She's dominated the Academy Awards since the early 1980s, earning a whopping 19 Oscar nominations for roles as varied as the colors of the rainbow. She's only won three of those coveted golden statues thus far (slacker), but fans are hoping that this year, she'll take home number four.

BWW Profile: Bradley Cooper Oscar Nominated Star of Stage and Screen
by Courtney Henley - February 17, 2015

Hollywood may have initially recognized the three-time Oscar nominee for his good looks and charisma, but Bradley Cooper wasted no time showing the world that his talents stretch far beyond simply flashing his pearly whites. His three nominations have all occurred back-to-back: first for Silver Linings Playbook, then for American Hustle, and now for American Sniper (I'm sensing a theme with those last two).

BWW Profile: Benedict Cumberbatch Oscar-Nominated Star of Stage and Screen
by Kara McCoy - February 18, 2015

By now, you may know his voice, and you probably know his face, but you definitely know his name. To the delight of everyone with an internet connection and a Netflix account, 'Benedict Cumberbatch' has finally become more than just an overly abundant collection of silly syllables. It's become a household name (insert obligatory 'no matter how kooky of a name it may be' joke here). Today, he's easily one of the busiest men in Hollywood. A bonafide movie star. An Oscar nominee. And that's great. Because I'm a huge fan. You should be too. Here's why.

BWW Interviews: Tony-Winning Set Designer Derek McLane Talks OSCARS, PETER PAN LIVE, GIGI & More
by Caryn Robbins - February 19, 2015

BWW caught up with the busy artist just days before the 87th ACADEMY AWARDS airs live on February 22nd, to find out what's in store for this year's ceremony, and get the behind-the-scenes scoop on NBC's PETER PAN LIVE and more!

« prev  1  2  3 

Videos