NOISES OFF Opens 11/19 at The Rep's Quadracci Powerhouse
Called "the funniest farce ever written" by the New York Post, Michael Frayn's uproarious play-within-a-play follows the on- and off-stage antics of the members of a mediocre touring company as they blunder from an ominously bad dress rehearsal to a spectacularly disastrous performance. The perfect show for the holiday season, Noises Off is a hysterical romp packed full of a side-splitting collection of forgotten cues, missed connections and backstage hilarity! Written by playwright Michael Frayn, Noises Off will be directed by KJ Sanchez, who returns to The Rep after directing last year's luminous production of The Diary of Anne Frank. The production features Rep Associate Artists Jonathan Gillard Daly, Laura Gordon, Gerard Neugent and Deborah Staples, frequent guest actor Kelley Faulkner, Chicago-based actors Aaron Christensen and Joe Dempsey and Rep Acting Interns Joe Boersma and Sara Zientek. Noises Off runs in The Rep's Quadracci Powerhouse from November 19 - December 22 and opens Friday, November 22.
"Noises Off is one of the best comedies ever written, a contemporary classic that has had people rolling in the aisles for three decades now, and I can't wait to share it with our audiences!", said Artistic Director Mark Clements.
Director KJ Sanchez added, "I'm delighted to be back and thrilled to be directing Noises Off. This play is hilarious and in the hands of some of the best actors I've ever worked with - Laura Gordon, Jon Daly, Kelly Faulkner and Deb Staples - our production promises to be a rollicking great time and flat-out delight."
Milwaukee Rep will host a series of special events and programs around Noises Off:
- Rep In Depth - get an insider's look at the production from guest actor Joe Dempsey with a discussion that begins 20 minutes prior to every performance.
- TalkBacks - Wednesday, December 4 and 11 - 1:30pm - join members of the cast after the show for a
Q & A moderated by a member of The Rep Artistic Staff.
- Powerhouse PowerHour Thursday, November 21, 6pm - young professionals join together to enjoy complimentary appetizers and free beer provided by Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery with live music by Mike and Matt Acoustic. Sponsored in part by 88Nine. Tickets to the show and social hour are just $20. For more information go to: www.Milwaukeerep.com/powerhour/.
· Lunch Matinee, Wednesday, December 11, 11:45pm - enjoy lunch and a conversation about Noises Off at the InterContinental Milwaukee. The cost is $15 per person and reservations are required. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-291-4790.
Milwaukee Rep offers the following Access Services for Noises Off.
· Audio-Description Performance, Tuesday, November 26, 6:30pm - the show will be Audio-Described for patrons who are blind or have low vision.
· American Sign Language Interpreted Performance, Thursday, December 18, 7:30pm - the show will be signed for patrons who are deaf or have low hearing.
· Captioned Theater Performance, Sunday, December 15, 2pm - the show will include captions.
Tickets for Noises Off begin at $20.00. (Prices are subject to change.) Single Tickets for all of Milwaukee Repertory Theater's 2013/14 productions are now on sale and can be purchased online 24/7 at www.MilwaukeeRep.com, through The Rep's Ticket Office by calling 414-224-9490 or in person at 108 E. Wells Street. Group tickets are also available for purchase by calling Group Sales Manager Stacy Mills at 414-290-5340.