Comscore
Advertisement

Page:

Jan 2013 workshop of new musical MY LAND'S SHORE: CD/download album on sale

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
An unashamed pre-Christmas plug! A great Christmas gift for anyone who loves new musical theatre - the Studio Cast recording of the new musical set during the Merthyr Rising of !831, MY LAND'S SHORE (by Christopher J. Orton & myself). The CD (which was released by SimG Records in February 2012) can be ordered here: http://www.mylandsshoremusical.com/
and it can be purchased as a download from iTunes, amazon and/or Emusic (you can find links to the websites for downloads and listen to streams of 3 of the songs here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/mylandsshore/app_255087544583535 )

The single of the song AIR FOR A WISE CELTIC FOOL (which is not on the album) performed by the incredible Killian Donnelly is also available for download from amazon & Emusic.

Here's a video with behind the scenes clips/photos plus the track of the amazing Jonathan Williams singing the title song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OugATehh_Q

We will be workshopping the show in London in January with a West End cast & performing the show to an invited industry audience. Get ready to hear a lot more about MY LAND'S SHORE in 2013 !

THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie*****
Updated On: 12/19/12 at 08:39 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jan 2013 workshop of new musical MY LAND'S SHORE: CD/download album on sale

THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie*****
dgjbear
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Really great songs - especially Burning
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks, dgjbear - really glad you like the songs. Btw BURNING has changed a bit since we recorded it for the album. In the latest rewrite we made changes/improvements to the opening scene (which is inhabited essentially by that song), so (hopefully) it is now even better. I guess we'll find out in the workshop whether or not it works!
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Bob you know how much I love 'My Land's shore' but I'll repeat it again for anyone who hasn't heard

The album is fantastic-I listen to it frequently and I love the story and the music. Can't wait for the day I can actually see it performed!

Keep us updated and break a leg in January!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks, SoonerOrLater! Really appreciate your constant support.

We will be making an official press release regarding casting etc soon & I'll post details on here.

STOP PRESS: The single of Killian Donnelly singing AIR FOR A WISE CELTIC fool (a song from My Land's Shore which is not on the album) is now available for download on iTunes for just 79p! Please check it out!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/air-for-wise-celtic-fool-single/id565393608
Updated On: 12/22/12 at 07:13 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Prior to our official press release, here's a special New Year piece of casting news for BWW Board members! I am pleased to announce that our 3 amazing leading ladies for the My Land's Shore workshop will be:
Rebecca Trehearn (Ghost, Love Story, We Will Rock You)
Kelly-Anne Gower (Blood Brothers, Les Miserables, We Will Rock You)
Lisa-Anne Wood (Steel Pier, Les Miserables).

Will reveal details of male principals in due course............
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A press release article will appear on BWW soon - but here's some advance news for Board members regarding the male principals for the My Land's Shore workshop, who will include:
David Hunter (Suessical, Tommy & ITV's "Superstar")
Hal Fowler (London Road, Les Miserables, Carousel, Killing Rasputin - & other shows far too numerous to mention!)
Will Barratt (The Phantom Of The Opera)
Aled Powys Williams (of Classic Brit Award winning choir Only Men Aloud)
Matthew Barrow (Merrily We Roll Along, The Wizard Of Oz, Sweet Charity)
Ryan Gibb (Jesus Christ Superstar, Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat)
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here's a photo of our amazing MY LAND'S SHORE workshop cast!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Fabulous picture. Hope its all been going well and productively.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks, jaqs. It has indeed been going incredibly well. Lots of rewrites done, taking the show to yet another level. And it's a genuine privilege working with all these lovely and amazingly talented performers. It is already sounding vocally awesome. Can't wait to see it all come together towards the end of next week. A lot of work to do, but it's already in great shape.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Our male ensemble rehearsing the show's comic relief number, "Isn't It A Sin?" - a drinking song!
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thanks for sharing the pictures Bob, looks fantastic and what a fabulous group of performers! Best of luck with the rest of the workshop and keep us updated!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The utter amazingness that is Rebecca Trehearn, singing the song THE WAYS THINGS ARE during the My Land's Shore workshop:

Updated On: 1/12/13 at 01:07 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My Land's Shore's brilliant leading man - David Hunter (alongside former "Wizard", Matthew Barrow):

Updated On: 1/19/13 at 03:05 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Our other leading lady, the awesome Kelly Anne Gower singing the song "We Covered The Mirrors" during the My Land's Shore workshop:

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Members of the My Land's Shore workshop cast, including our third amazing female lead, the lovely Lisa Anne Wood:

Sean2 Profile PhotoSean2 Profile Photo
Sean2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Will this be open for the public to see? I'd really love to see it, but it looks like it might just be for a private audience (?).
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry, Sean - hotel wifi has been down, so only just seen your post. The workshop was primarily for invited guests (potential investors, etc.) but some seats were made available last minute for general public - but I was cut off from the cyber world so could not let you know.

The performance was really stunning - we were blessed with a cast with such immense talent. Everyone seemed to love it - so now it's just cross fingers time and wait for the phone to ring!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Updated On: 1/19/13 at 07:33 AM
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Glad the Workshop is going well.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Glad the Workshop is going well.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The amazing My Land's Shore workshop cast (with composer Christopher J. Orton and myself) after the astonishing performance they all gave yesterday at the RADA Studios:

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The incredible Hal Fowler with the members of the My Land's Shore workshop male ensemble

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The lovely ladies of the My Land's Shore workshop cast:

Page:

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
🔀DENVER SHOWS
Memphis
(Runs 3/20 - 5/31)
Million Dollar Quartet in DenverMillion Dollar Quartet
(Runs 6/2 - 6/3)
The Five Points / Wrapped Around My Soul in DenverThe Five Points / Wrapped Around My Soul
(Runs 5/21 - 6/6)
Guys And Dolls
(Runs 5/21 - 6/14)
Chicanos Sing the Blues
(Runs 6/11 - 6/27)

VIEW ALL | ADD A SHOW | AUDITIONS