Semi-Finalists for Pride Films and Plays' 2014 Great Gay Play Musical Contest Announced
A slate of 17 vibrant and kinetic new LGBT scripts and musicals have emerged as Semi-Finalists in Pride Films and Plays 2014 Great Gay Play and Musical Contest. They come from writers across the United States and Great Britain, and have been read by several dozen film and theater professionals.
The semi-finalists are:
- All Around The Mulberry Bush by Tate A. Geborkoff
- The Book Of Andy by Michael J. Mejia
- Commander by Mario Correa
- Eye Of The Storm book and co-composer/lyrics by McKinley Johnson, co-composers/lyrics by David Taylor and Marshall Titus
- The First Step by Michael Leeds
- Gentle Passage by Paul Elliott
- The Glass Protégé by Dylan Costello
- Homemade by Josh Levine
- Mama's Girls by Marilynn Barner Anselmi
- Michelangelo and Tommaso by James Rosenfield
- Private Proceedings by Philip Hall
- Rake by Diane Baia Hale
- Shit-House Crazy by Julie Akeret
- The View UpStairs by Max Vernon
- Trust Fall by Mary Steelsmith
- Waiting... by Michael O'Dell
- Who Killed Joan Crawford? by Michael Leeds
The 2011 Great Gay Play Contest winner, Learn To Be Latina by Enrique Urueta, has had multiple regional productions, and the 2012 winner At The Flash by Sean Chandler and David Leeper was Jeff-recommended in Chicago, a hit in LA, and will be seen in Dublin next spring. Under A Rainbow Flag by Leo Schwartz, a finalist in last year's contest, had its world premiere in Chicago this spring and won the Jeff Award for Best New Work and Best Musical Production. It has undergone a further revision and - now called Honor - will be remounted in Chicago in 2014. And the 2013 contest winner Directions for Restoring the Apparently Dead by Martin Casella had a successful run in the 150 seat thrust stage at Stage 773.
For more information on contests or productions, visit www.pridefilmsandplays.com.