Spike TV's INK MASTER to Return 10/9
Spike has more skin in the game going into season two of its highest-rated original series INK MASTER which returns Tuesday, October 9 at 10 PM, ET/PT, with back-to-back one-hour episodes. This season the ante is raised, now with 16 top tattoo artists from around the country battling it out in permanent ink for a $100,000 grand prize, an editorial feature in the preeminent tattoo magazine Inked and the bragging rights title of 'Ink Master.' Following the "Ink Master" double episode premiere, new episodes will telecast Tuesdays at 10 PM, ET/PT and culminate with a LIVE season finale in December.
Each week, the artists compete in various tattoo challenges that not only test the artists' technical skills, but also their on-the-spot creativity, where they must create and execute an original tattoo on a 'human canvas.' These 'human canvases' range from tattoo virgins to connoisseurs to those who want to cover up a prior tattoo misstep. The challenges focus on different tattooing techniques such as contrast, adaptability, balance and dimension as well as styles including New School, photorealism, American traditional and pin-up.
After every challenge the contestants face a tough panel made up of Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction), renowned tattoo artists Chris Nunez ("Miami Ink") and Oliver Peck (Elm Street Tattoo) and a roster of guest judges. Each individual artists' work is critiqued and one contestant is sent home. The masterpieces these artists create will last forever, but so will their mistakes.
The "Ink Master" Season Two tattoo artists are (listed in alphabetical order):
· Tray "Big Daddy" Benham - Owner and artist at Big Daddy's Tattoo in Radcliff & Elizabethtown, KY
· Clint Cummings - Owner and artist at Sparrows Tattoo Company in Mansfield, TX
· Nick D'Angelo - Owner and artist at The Black Pearl in Buffalo, NY
· Jamie Davies - Owner and artist at Tattooz Ink in Redding, CA
· Katherine "Tatu Baby" Flores - Self-employed tattoo artist in Miami, FL
· La Ron "Ron" Givens - Tattoo artist at Cat Tattoo's Elite Studio in Addison, TX
· Steven "Kay Kutta" Givens - Owner and artist at Kutthouse Tattoos in Fayetteville, NC
· Thomas "TJ" Halvorsen - Co-owner and artist at Foolish Pride Tattoo Co. in St. Petersburg, FL
· Cee Jay "Inky" Jones - Tattoo artist at Suicide Kings Tattoo Parlor in Canton, MI