Rihanna, Nicki Minaj Join Line-Up of 2012 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS
|E!'s FASHION POLICE Returns Tonight to Cover 2016 MTV Video Music Awards|
August 29, 2016
|The Chainsmokers Join MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS All-Star Performance Lineup|
August 25, 2016
|One Direction to Headline DICK CLARK'S NEW YEAR'S ROCKIN' EVE 2016 on ABC|
November 18, 2015
With the show just a few days away, MTV announced new additions to the performance line-up for the "2012 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS including Rihanna kicking off the VMAs with A$AP Rocky, Nicki Minaj will perform as a surprise guest with a previously announced VMA artist, 2 Chainz taking the VMA stage for the first time ever, and Lil Wayne with the worldwide premiere performance of his brand new single. Hosted by Kevin Hart, the "2012 MTV VMAs will premiere LIVE from the STAPLES center on Thursday, September 6 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Rihanna will officially kick-off the 2012 VMAs with a super sexy performance of Cockiness (Love It) featuring A$AP Rocky." Starting today, fans can listen to the track on her Artists.MTV page here as well as on her official website in advance of this Thursday's show. Following her VMA performance on Thursday night, fans will be able to immediately purchase this brand new remix exclusively on iTunes. Additionally, Rihanna will also perform her #1 global hit, "We Found Love."
Young Money Millionaire, Lil Wayne, marks his return to the VMAs with the first televised performance of his new single, "No Worries," from his highly anticipated new mixtape, D4. Additionally, hip-hop rising star, 2 Chainz, will make his VMA debut with a song from his hit album, Based On a T.R.U. Story.
Additionally, hip-hop royalty, Nicki Minaj will join forces on-stage for a special performance with a previously announced VMA artist. These new additions to the amazing lineup of multi-talented and diverse superstars join previously announced VMA performers Frank Ocean, Taylor Swift, Green Day, P!nk, Alicia Keys and One Direction as well as confirmed presenters The Wanted, Andy Samberg, Rashida Jones, 2 Chainz, Ke$ha, Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller and the "Fierce Five" - the 2012 Gold Medal-winning U.S. Women's Gymnastics Team.
Jesse Ignjatovic/Den of Thieves is the Executive Producer for the "2012 MTV Video Music Awards." Amy Doyle, Garrett English and Dave Sirulnick are Executive Producers. Joanna Bomberg, Jen Jones and Lee Lodge are Co-Executive Producers. Hamish Hamilton is Director. Wendy Plaut is Celebrity Talent Executive.
Official Sponsors of the "2012 MTV Video Music Awards" are 5 Gum(TM), adidas Originals, Bing, COVERGIRL, Kia Motors America, Orbit Gum(TM), Pepsi(R), Samsung Galaxy S(R) III, State Farm(R), Taco Bell(R), Trojan(R) Charged(TM) Condoms and Verizon Wireless.
MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its Emmy(R), Grammy(R) and Peabody(R) award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. MTV's sibling networks MTV2 and mtvU each deliver unparalleled customized content for young males, music fans and college students, and its online hub MTV.com is a leading destination for music, news and pop culture. MTV is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.
MTV PROVIDES AN INSIDE SNEAK PEEK AT THE "2012 VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS" TALENT GIFT BAGS
Nominees, Presenters and Performers to Receive Hot Ticket Items and Luxury Products
Kevin Hart Hosts the "2012 MTV Video Music Awards" Live on Thursday, September 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT
SANTA MONICA, CA (September 4, 2012) - MTV today unveiled the contents of the custom-designed "2012 Video Music Awards" gift bag for attending nominees, presenters and performers. As a part of celebrity gifting, MTV will donate to the non-profit organization Lifebeat, Music Fights HIV/AIDS, which is this year's official charity recipient. Musical guests and celebrities taking part in the show will receive some of Hollywood's most coveted items including iPods, speakers, headphones, luggage and designer eyewear. In addition, celebs attending this year's VMA Radio Forum will have access to the Celebrity Retreat(TM) where they'll have a chance to chat with brand reps, demo products and choose items in their personal style and size preferences. Hosted by Kevin Hart, the "2012 MTV Video Music Awards" will broadcast live from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA on Thursday, September 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
One lucky fan will have the opportunity to win some of the items from the "2012 MTV Video Music Awards" celebrity gift bag on Thursday, September 6 during the Pre-Show. Just follow @MTVNews and red-carpet correspondents (@RealSway, @PositivNegativ, @ChristinaMTV, @JambaJim) for clues, then tune-in to the VMA Pre-Show at 7:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, September 6. Pay close attention to who reveals the secret word first and tweet @MTVNews with the correct correspondent, secret word and hashtag #VMAGiftBag to enter! Additional highlights of this year's official Celebrity Retreat(TM) and gift bag produced by Backstage Creations include: high end evening handbags by Irá Salles, stilettos by Jorge Bischoff, Hot Pockets' iPod filled with Snoop's latest music releases, ClubCreate/Jabra speakers, Growze tees, FHI hair products and more. The full list of the Celebrity Retreat(TM) and gift bag is below:
The brands selected for the "2012 MTV Video Music Awards" Celebrity Retreat(TM) include:
· ClubCreate and Jabra - Take your SOLEMATE anywhere! Party in a box.
· Diamond Beauty - Diamond Beauty is Japan's leading cosmetic and eyelash brand coveted all over Europe and Asia.
· FHI Heat Platform Iron - FHI Heat is a luxurious, award winning and top of the line hairstyling iron and dryer, which uses a unique gem that is embedded within the ceramic plates to give you healthy, smooth, silky hair.
· GROWZE - Growze is a new Japanese contemporary women's label that counts Whitney Port, Mischa Barton and Taylor Jacobson among its early fans. From faux leather minis to colorful denim, chiffon maxi dresses, asymmetrical tops and rock n roll inspired tees, the line exudes Japanese "cool," the fit is great, and most price points are well under $150.
· Hot Pockets featuring Snoop's "Pocket Like It's Hot"- Hot Pockets(R) & Lean Pockets(R) sandwiches are a melty mouthful of the tasty ingredients you want, made with real cheese, quality meats, and wrapped in delicious, crispy-hot crusts. Hot Pockets will also be gifting stars with Snoop's latest music release on a customized iPod.
· Irá Salles - High end bags and clutches are individually hand crafted and designed to reflect a fresh approach to women's accessories by infusing the Brazilian way of life: joy and style. These handmade pieces are intricately detailed and crocheted with fine materials in multiple colors, perfect for the upcoming season. Irá Salles produces a select number of bags each season making them an exclusive collector's item.
· Jorge Bischoff- Named after its founder, Jorge Bischoff is the leading Brazilian brand in luxury shoes and bags, thanks to its unique design. The company's creator is considered the nation's most influential present-day shoe designer and is frequently cited as a designing "wizard." As part of the Bischoff Creative Group, the brand's design studio and productive units are located in a region known for its centennial tradition in flawless shoe manufacturing. True to typical Brazilian style, Jorge Bischoff's collections are loaded with the joy and creativity that its country is best known for.
Contents of the official "2012 MTV Video Music Awards" gift bag include:
· Andaz - Will gift VMA talent with a 2-night stay at their choice of: Andaz 5th Avenue, Andaz Wall Street, Andaz Savannah, Andaz Napa, Andaz West Hollywood, Andaz San Diego, Andaz Maui at Wailea or Andaz Shanghai.
· BottleHood - Is gifting a repurposed Bombay Sapphire Gin bottle drinking glass and necklace.
· Calvin Klein fragrances- Will gift celebrities with CK One, the original "shared" fragrance that inspires the confidence to be yourself and connect with others.
· Case-Mate - Will be gifting celebrities with the Right Case for the Right Occasion; which includes their Tortoiseshell and Glam iPhone 4/4S cases.