Olympian Alex Morgan to Visit NBC Sports THE WHISTLE, Today
THE WHISTLE, NBC Sports Network's weekly series centered on kids, features "best of" segments as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the world of elite sports from the Olympics, the NFL and MLB in Friday's episode. Olympic soccer gold medalist Alex Morgan, NFL players Aaron Rodgers, Vernon Davis and Adam Carriker as well as MLB star Joe Mauer and the Harlem Globetrotters are featured in Friday's highlight show, airing at 4 p.m. ET. The episode includes:
· A tour of U.S. Women's National team and Olympic soccer gold medalist Alex Morgan's house;
· How I Do It: Green Bay Packers and Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers explains the playbook;
· San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis discusses his technique;
· #FF (Follow Friday): A glance at Redskins' defensive end Adam Carriker's twitter feed (@adamcarriker94) and his reactions;
· That's a Rap: A look at football players attempting to rap;
· An interview with Minnesota Twins catcher Joe Mauer
· The Harlem Globetrotters give tips on how to spin a basketball;
· A look at the next generation of Dew Tour competitors;
· An educational training piece on the benefits of dynamic stretching.
The Whistle on NBC Sports Network covers The Players, the fans, the training and the sports for kids.
About the NBC Sports Network:
NBC Sports Network, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans. Now in nearly 80 million homes, the network is the cable television home of the Summer and Winter Olympics, National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Soccer (MLS), IZOD IndyCar Series, Tour de France and the 34th America's Cup. In addition, NBC Sports Network features college football, college basketball, college hockey, horse racing surrounding the Triple Crown, Fight Night boxing, Ironman, the Dew Action Sports Tour and USA Sevens Rugby. The network is also home to original programs such as Costas Tonight, NFL Turning Point, Caught Looking, NBC Sports Talk, and Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports Network is distributed via cable systems and satellite operators throughout the United States.