NBC's NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS is Most-Watched Network Evening Newscast
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was the most-watched network evening newscast for the week ending June 21, 2013, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast averaged 7.527 million total viewers, +626,000 more than ABC "World News," and +1,888,000 more than CBS "Evening News."
NOTE: Due to sports coverage on both NBC (NHL Finals on Wed) and ABC (NBA Finals on Tue and Thu), Nightly is based on a four-day average (Wed excluded), while World News is based on a three-day average (Mon, Wed, Fri).
"NBC Nightly News" Weekly Highlights:
· Nightly delivered 7.527 million total viewers, +9% (+626,000) more than ABC World News' 6.901 million and +33% (+1,888,000) more than CBS Evening News' 5.639 million.
· Nightly averaged a 5.2/11 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 4.7/11 and CBS' 3.9/8.
· Nightly has won for 197 consecutive weeks in total viewers, and in 244 of the past 245 weeks among total viewers.
· Nightly delivered a 1.6 A25-54 rating, +1 tenth ahead of ABC's 1.5 rating and +5 tenths more than CBS's 1.1 rating.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.901 million viewers, +10% (+172,000) viewers ahead of World News' 1.729 million and +42% (+564,000) ahead of Evening News' 1.337 million.
· Nightly has topped World News in A25-54 (000) for 239 consecutive weeks.
· Season-to-date, Nightly leads World News by +775,000 total viewers, and by +310,000 Adult 25-54 viewers (+3 tenths).
More On: NBC, ABC, CBS,