NBC News Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Anniversary Coverage
Over the next two weeks, NBC News will mark the anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing with far-reaching coverage across all broadcasts and platforms, featuring personal stories of survival and recovery, new details behind the investigation, and previews of the preparations for this year's marathon.
Planned coverage will include:
· On Friday, April 11 at 8pm/7 Central, Brian Williams will anchor a Primetime special, "108 Hours: Inside The Hunt for the Boston Marathon Bombers." (See full programming details below)
· Leading up to the anniversary, "NBC Nightly News" will feature new reporting and analysis on the latest in the investigation and the case against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
· In addition, "TODAY" and TODAY.com will share uplifting stories of survivors' remarkable recoveries and the strength of the communities that came together following this tragedy.
· On Sunday, April 13, "Meet the Press" will host a unique panel discussion about the bombing, the investigation, and security in America.
· The NBC News investigative unit, along with Justice Correspondent Pete Williams, will continue to drive in-depth reporting and analysis for all platforms on air and online, including a profile of first responders at the scene of the bombing, a deep dive on the intelligence behind the investigation, and an inside look at security preparations for this year's marathon.
· NBCNews.com will feature additional original reporting and multimedia, including a photographic series of portraits of survivors. The site will curate all coverage under a storyline, creating a single destination for the multi-platform coverage of resilience and remembrance.
· On Monday, April 21, Natalie Morales will run the 2014 Boston Marathon with Carmen Acabbo, whose sister and niece, Celeste and Sydney Corcoran, were badly injured in last year's bombing.