Despite facing increased competition week to week from a special 2-hour The Voice on NBC, ABC posted across-the-board increases with its Wednesday line up. Jumping 12% over the prior week, the Net took second place on the night among Adults 18-49, beating CBS (Survivor/Criminal Minds/CSI) and Fox with a 2-hour The X Factor.
· In viewers and young adults, ABC's Modern Family stood as Wednesday's #1 TV show, leading the night among Adults 18-49 for its 6th consecutive telecast this season.
At 8pm, ABC's The Middle took second to The Voice, beating CBS' Survivor: Philippines for the first time this season by 8% and Fox's The X Factor by 22%. In addition, the ABC comedy defeated The Voice to finish as the #1 broadcast show in the half-hour with Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
· The Middle returned up after its preemption the prior week, growing its numbers for its 4th straight telecast in viewers (+3%) and young adults (+8%) to mark best-since-premiere numbers on both measures.
At 8:30pm, ABC's The Neighbors tied Survivor in Adults 18-34 and beat the CBS unscripted veteran by an impressive 24% with Women 18-34.
· Surging week to week in viewers (+21%) and young adults (+11%), The Neighbors achieved new time-period highs on both counts. In addition, the ABC family comedy shot up 56% week to week with Teens 12-17.
Jumping over its lead-in to win the 9pm half-hour, ABC's Modern Family beat out its nearest competition in the slot by 4% in Total Viewers (Criminal Minds) and by 18% in Adults 18-49 (The Voice). In addition to finishing as Wednesday's #1 TV show in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, Modern Family was also the night's highest-rated program with Adults 18-34 and Adults 25-54 for its 4th consecutive telecast.
· Modern Family was up over the prior week by double digits in viewers (+16%) and young adults (+12%), while jumping by triple digits with Teens 12-17 (+145%) to earn its highest rating since the beginning of May - since 5/9/12.
In the 9:30pm half-hour against the conclusion of The Voice and The X Factor, ABC's Suburgatory spiked week to week in Total Viewers (+21%) and Adults 18-49 (+21%).
· Hitting season highs, Suburgatory drew its biggest audience since January and tied its top young adult number in over 1 year - since 1/11/12 and 11/2/11, respectively
During the 10 o'clock hour, ABC's Nashville ranked #1 against its CBS (CSI) and NBC (The Voice-driven Chicago Fire) drama competition in Adults 18-34 (tie) and across the key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· Equaling the series' 2nd highest Adult 18-49 number, Nashville rose week to week by 5% in viewers and by 11% in young adults.
· Continuing to see big increases in the Live + 7 Day ratings, Nashville spikes over its Live + Same Day numbers by 54% in Adults 18-49 (+1.3 rating) and by 42% in Total Viewers (+3.3 million), averaging 11.1 million viewers and a 3.7 rating with young adults in the final numbers.