“Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground” Wins 2014 Nautilus Book Award
Livingkindness Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation that provides leadership guidance to women and children worldwide, announces the photographic coffee table book "Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground" has been named a 2014 Nautilus Book Award winner. The book features photography by San Diego residents and artists Jan Phillips and Ruth Westreich and includes prayers, poems, songs and psalms by Jan Phillips. Phillips and Westreich will continue their collaboration with two other projects-a follow-up to "Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground" and a "why to book" on creativity.
- "Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground" is a tour de force of images and text that reveals nature at her best, in her raw ruggedness and her most pristine beauty. The exquisite book showcases the U.S. Northeast, Southwest, Northwest and Southeast regions and is a collection of the women's annual photography pilgrimages.
- The coffee table book was recognized as a Nautilus Silver Winner in the category of women. The Nautilus Book Awards recognize print books that inspire and connect our lives as individuals, communities and global citizens.
- Phillips and Westreich have committed to two future projects-a "Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground" follow-up titled "Finding Ourselves on Common Ground" and a book that debunks the myths about creativity. The women have been working together for years to raise the cultural consciousness.
- Writer and photographer Jan Phillips is now the author of eight award-winning books. She is also the co-founder of Livingkindness Foundation, which published the coffee table book.
- Mixed-media artist Ruth Westreich works in oils, water media, glass, jewelry design, fabrication and photography. Westreich is also President of The Westreich Foundation, a private family foundation focused on integrative medicine, palliative medicine and the creative and expressive arts for holistic care and healing.
- "Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground" is available online at www.janphillips.com/giftshop.html and is being sold for a special rate of $40 plus shipping. Proceeds from the sale of the book support the work of the Livingkindness Foundation.
Jan Phillips, "Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground" author and photographer
"Ruth and I are honored that 'Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground' has been recognized as a 2014 Nautilus Book Award winner. We believe creativity is really about making your life the masterpiece. This truth is evident in our upcoming books. Every one wakes up to an empty canvas, and we have 24 hours to make a masterpiece. Our tools are thoughts, words, choices and actions."
Ruth Westreich, "Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground" photographer
"A life well lived is the ultimate creative expression. Through our books, Jan and I want people to feel inspired, to express their creative impulses and to share their gifts with the world. It's a healing practice to consciously create, and this is our way of healing the planet."
ABOUT LIVINGKINDNESS FOUNDATION
The Livingkindness Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation established to provide leadership assistance to women, to improve educational opportunities for children in Nigeria and to facilitate visionary leadership programs for youth in the U.S. and abroad. The Foundation produces an annual art and activism symposium for women called "Women's Voices, Women's Visions: Creativity, Leadership and Social Change." For more information, please visit www.livingkindness.org.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2014 Business Wire