Books-A-Million Launches Summer Reading Program with Bestselling Author John Grisham
Do you remember the first time you read about Violet turning into a blueberry? How you winced when kid-brother Fudge caused more trouble for Peter? Lovers of books live to pass along their favorite stories and classics like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Superfudge. Now, fans of classic John Grisham thriller novels can hand down their love of whodunits to their kids thanks to Grisham's new children's series, Theodore Boone, the cornerstone of the Books-A-Million's Summer Reading Program.
The program, which promises a free exclusive Theodore Boone pencil case and pencil, while supplies last, to children and teens across the U.S. who read six of the featured books on the program list, is designed for readers ages 6 to 12. The math is simple: Read six books now through mid-August and get a fun reward. Books-A-Million's mission through this initiative is to encourage reading among children and teens throughout their summer break.
"John Grisham introduces the power and excitement of a great mystery novel to our younger readers," said Sandra Wilson, Senior Buyer of Children's and Teen Books at Books-A-Million. "We hope that our Summer Reading Program will encourage and inspire children to try a new book, and be entertained by the power of reading."
The Summer Reading Program at Books-A-Million not only includes Grisham's Theodore Boone series, but a variety of titles for children ages 6 to 12, and for teen readers as well. Other titles include:
- 'Magic Bone: Nice Snowing You!' by Nancy Krulik and Sebastien Braun; ages 6-8
- 'Superfudge' and 'Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing' by Judy Blume; ages 7+
- 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and 'James and the Giant Peach' by Roald Dahl; ages 7+
- 'Trial by Fire' and 'Survivors' by Jeff Probst; ages 8+
- 'Travel Team' and 'Heat' by Mike Lupica; ages 8-12
- 'The Outsiders' and 'That Was Then This is Now' by S.E. Hinton; ages 8-12
- 'A Long Way From Chicago' by Richard Peck; ages 10-18
- 'The Legend Trilogy' by Marie Lu; ages 12+
- 'Bloodlines' by Richelle Mead; ages 12+
Interested in sending a kid in your life on a lifelong adventure with reading? Get started this summer by stopping by any Books-A-Million location to pick up the Summer Reading Checklist. Customers can also find a complete listing of Summer Reading titles at www.booksamillion.com/summerreading.