THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE EXHIBITION Opens at Pavilion at Docklands, Nov 22
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Exhibition will open on Thursday 22 November at The Pavilion at Docklands.
This state-of-the-art entertainment and educational experience offers visitors the opportunity to tour scenes from the famed literary world of Narnia. Through authentic costumes, props and set dressings from the magical Narnia films, visitors will enter a three-dimensional world that combines the wonders of science with aspects of fantasy.
“We are delighted to be bringing this blockbuster exhibition to Melbourne,” said Christo Van Egmond, Commercial Director, Van Egmond Group. “This exhibition has entertained close to a million people in over a dozen cities around the world and we are sure that Melbourne will flock to see this amazing interactive experience from the magical world of Narnia. I visited the exhibition a number of times in Sydney and was so impressed with the level of detail and the number of interactive components the exhibition has. It really is an event for all ages.”
Global Experience Specialists, Inc. (GES) produced the exhibition in partnership with Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media, and it is based on the blockbuster film series and C.S. Lewis' beloved fictional books.
"This exhibition is a truly captivating and entertaining experience for all ages," said Eddie Newquist, EVP and Chief Creative Officer, GES. "From the scene displays and props seen in the Narnia films, to the scientific and educational aspects of the exhibition that stimulate the senses and the mind, guests will be transported into another world to experience Narnia like never before."
Once inside The Chronicles of Narnia exhibition, visitors will encounter several fun, hands- on elements including:
- A replica of the White Witch's throne where visitors can sit and feel the chill of the icy throne. A nearby display describes the impact of climate change on our planet and investigates whether our planet could be frozen for 100 years like the world of Narnia.
- An interactive frozen waterfall, icy to the touch, with a display on the science behind why water freezes.
- A model of King Miraz's castle, which offers visitors the opportunity to build an arch and learn about the principles of its design and structure.
- An area highlighting the mythical creatures of Narnia, which allows visitors to create their own creatures featured in the films.
- A large-scale map of Narnia’s world, which highlights locations from the famous story.
- A metal armour suit and swords that can be touched and lifted to experience their tremendous weight.
- A working catapult that demonstrates how the medieval device can hurl an object great distances.
Visitors will also come face-to-face with characters and creatures from Narnia, including Reepicheep, a Minotaur and Centaurs, as well as costumes of key characters, including the White Witch and the Pevensie children. A recreation of C.S. Lewis’ study, where he wrote the Narnia adventures, is also shown in the exhibition.
The Chronicles of Narnia is a series of classic children’s books by CS Lewis. The books have sold over 100 million copies world-wide. From the seven books in the series, there have been three film adaptations, with the third film released in 2010. The Narnia film series is the 22nd highest grossing film series of all time.
As we celebrate the National Year of Reading in 2012, we hope that the exhibition will encourage children to read C.S. Lewis’ fantastic series or serve as a reward for those children who have read the books by bringing the world of Narnia to life for them.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Exhibition will be on view from 22 November 2012 to 2 February 2013 at The Pavilion at Docklands, Dockland Drive, Docklands. Hours: Weekdays: 12 noon – Last entry 7pm – Close 8:30pm; Weekends: 10am – Last entry 7pm - Close 8:30pm. Check the website for additional times.
Tickets: Family $59.90 (4 Tix); Adult $19.90; Child (3-10 yrs.) $14.90; 2 years and under free Groups 10 or more, buy 8 and get 2 free Ticketmaster 136 100 or www.ticketmaster.com.au.
For more information, visit www.narniaexhibition.com.au.