THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: March 28 - April 1
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's new feature, ‘This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to the West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
For last week's biggest events: visit THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: March 21-26.
Ensemble Cast. Photo Credit: Walter McBride
On March 28, Broadway favorites teamed up to salute Terrence McNally at the Longacre Theatre. A benefit for The Acting Company, Angela Lansbury gathered Audra McDonald, Alan Cumming, Tyne Daly, Edie Falco, Roger Rees and Raul Esparza who sang, shared memories and recreated scenes from dozens of McNally hits. Check out full coverage of the event here!
Daniel Radcliffe and Company of HOW TO SUCCEED. Photo Credit: Ari Mintz
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has been raising the roof at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre in the newest revival of HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING. The show features direction and choreography by Tony winner Rob Ashford, and just opened Sunday, March 27. Click here for even more production shots that were released this week!
Jackie Hoffman. Photo Credit: Walter McBride
Grandma Addams, the feisty potient-brewing matriarch of the Addams clan (played by comic actress Jackie Hoffman), turned 116 on Wednesday, March 30 and to celebrate, the producers of THE ADDAMS FAMILY treated the star to a Sweet (One) Sixteen cake and free tickets to the matinee for 116 real grandmothers age 60 or older who were born in March. Check out more photos from the event here!
Now in previews, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN will open on Broadway Sunday, April 10, 2011 at the Neil Simon Theatre. This new musical, created by a team of Tony winners, features a book by Terrence McNally, music by Marc Shaiman, lyrics by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman, choreography by Jerry Mitchell and is directed by Jack O'Brien. For additional production shots, click here!
- Robin Roberts, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Others Inspire Massachusetts Conference for Women
- Toshiba Launches Small Sized 1-Channel High-Side Switch IPD for Automotive Application
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Thursday, Dec. 5
- Photo Flash: THE CHRISTMAS SCHOONER Celebrates Opening at the Mercury Theater
- Museum of the City of New York to Welcome Diane Paulus for SPOTLIGHT ON BROADWAY, 12/16
- Horse Trade Theater Group to Kick Off HT Encores 2014, Jan 7
- Wayne Brady to Play Raleigh's Meymandi Concert Hall, 3/9
- RED RAIN, STRANGER PATH and More Set for Village Playwrights Readings, Now thru Feb 2014
- Photographer David Vestal Passes Away
- The Scorpion Bar to Host ROCK FOR TOTS Benefit Bash, 12/19