Roundabout Broadway Highlights: SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
One of the greatest joys of our job is seeing our audiences transformed by a theatre performance. At some point in Roundabout's 46-year history, you've likely experienced a play or musical that has inspired you. Roundabout has been fortunate to produce award-winning productions on Broadway for 20 years now. You may even recall our first Broadway production of Anna Christie at the Criterion Center in 1992.
In celebration of our 20th Anniversary on Broadway, we're highlighting 8 special productions from our Archives that helped us grow to our position today as one of the nation's most influential not-for-profits.
Directed by Sam Buntrock
January 25, 2008 – June 29, 2008 (149 performances)
Performed at Studio 54
Michael Cumpsty, Daniel Evans, Alexander Gemignani, Jessica Molaskey, Jenna Russell, Mary Beth Peil, Ed Dixon, Santino Fontana, Kelsey Fowler, Jessica Grové, Alison Horowitz, Stacie Morgain Lewis, Drew McVety, Anne L. Nathan, Brynn O'Malley, David Turner
• Roundabout's fifth Sondheim musical
• First use of digital animation in a Roundabout production
• Santino Fontana's debut performance with Roundabout
• Over one hour of animation material was created for this production, one of the largest quantities of content ever created for a live theatrical piece
• Winner of two Drama Desk Awards and nominated for nine Tony® Awards
Sunday in the Park with George and many of the other historic productions have helped Roundabout grow into the nation's most influential not-for-profit theatre. Please consider making a gift today to help us create more inspiring productions for years to come.
Click here to view the Roundabout blog!
More From This Author Roundabout Theatre Company Bio