Page: 1

Kander & Ebb's The Visit - Cast Recording

Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Kander & Ebb's The Visit - Cast Recording#1
Posted: 6/10/08 at 4:10am
Is there any cast recording of "The Visit" or is there any cast album to be issued?
Thx
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sadly, no. Im hoping that something becomes of the current production in Virginia USA and that it gets recorded with Chita Rivera. Its reviews have been fantastic so there's hope. It will probably get recorded at some point in the future as I'm sure it wont be left as the only unrecorded piece of theirs.
**SADM2 may know different!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've not heard anything regarding a cast album - but I sincerely hope there will be one. I saw the first perfromance at the Signature theatre at the beginning of May and it was seriously brilliant - one of K & H's best ever shows.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh Bob, you Swansea lush, now you've depressed me.
I've tried everything to get over there but no luck. Lets just hope we get something one day.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have the original demo recording- it was fairly awful, but I believe things have moved on considerably! The track listing is:

You, You, You
You Know Me
Love and Love Alone
The Only One
Goodbye
I Would Never Leave You

Fairly generic titles.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How old is that demo? Is it from when Angela Lansbury was attached to the project?
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The recording features Karen Mason, Lucie Arnaz, Brent Barrett, Alix Korey and Marc Kudisch.

It was almost certainly when AL was still attached. Much as I love Chita, I wouldd love to see AL in another musical.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Shame it may just be the new 'My Fair Lady' movie then.