Page: 1

Alternative Theatre in London

blaxx Profile Photoblaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alternative Theatre in London#1
Posted: 12/5/07 at 7:41pm
Sorry to post this on a West End forum, but can anyone recommend me some good alternative theatre in London?
I heard of a cool follow-through version of Faust in a warehouse somewhere, is that still playing? What company was that and is there any other similar companies/shows around?
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Alternative Theatre in London#2
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:13pm
theres Dance of The Red Death at BAC which is also a Promenaded Production. Its extended through to April
funlovinblonde Profile Photofunlovinblonde Profile Photo
funlovinblonde
Swing
Swing
re: Alternative Theatre in London#2
Posted: 12/9/07 at 12:22pm
Hey,
I went to see Faust last year and it was really good-quite eerie but very good!
It was done by a company called punchdrunk-they have a website so take a look, however i went with uni last year and was gonna go again this year but they told us that this years production was sold out?! best to check though, think it runs until january sometime?!
Would recommend site specific theatre to anyone though-very enjoyable evening!
joshy Profile Photojoshy Profile Photo
joshy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alternative Theatre in London#3
Posted: 12/9/07 at 11:03pm
The company who did Faust is called Punchdrunk.

Their new show is called The Masque of the Red Death and is currently running in Battersea Arts Centre.

The entire run was sold out, but it's now been extended three months til April. The extension's selling out pretty fast too so you should get your tickets ASAP.

I've seen it three times now and in my opinion it's the best thing currently running in London. :)