Page: 1

HAIRSPRAY wins Evening Standard Best Musical Award!

jo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23423308-details/Macbeth+and+Joan+of+Arc+storm+ES+awards/article.do

CONGRATULATIONS to the cast and creative team of HAIRSPRAY!

Maybe a London cast recording will soon be forthcoming?

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!!!!!!!
How fantastic!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
CDuffy5062
Understudy
Understudy
I think many of us are hoping for an Original London Cast recording :)

Congratulations to the entire cast and creative team!
Understudy
Understudy
Everybody can hear those bells !

Congratulations to everyone invoved with 'Hairspray'.

Did someone say cast recording......... YES..... PLEASE!!!

Updated On: 11/27/07 at 10:37 AM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ria, how can they not do one now? This will be the first of many coming its way im sure.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And to think we all thought thought that Parade was going to get it. Do you think that Hairspray has a chance of winning at the Olivier or will Parade get the Best New Musical award?
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Ria, how can they not do one now? This will be the first of many coming its way im sure."

Let's hope so, or I'm going to be starting that collection we spoke about before, very soon re: HAIRSPRAY wins Evening Standard Best Musical Award! lol!
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
If winning the Standard award was an indicator of getting a cast album, we'd have a London recording of Caroline or Change out, or Full Monty, or any number of shows. The market for cast albums is radically diminishing, and I'm not sure if the producers will want to splash the cash when the Broadway album has been out for so long AND the film soundtrack is now out. Maybe they will, but I don't think so personally.

To be honest I'd rather Parade had won, but I think all three nominees were really rather excellent. Congrats to Hairspray!

(and also to Anne-Marie Duff for winning Best Actress, who was sensational in Saint Joan at the National)
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!

I predicted Parade but I'm glad I'm wrong.
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I was there tonight and was in the bar when I heard a huge cheer from the stage, the barman told me that they were just being told about winning the award. Michael Ball mentioned it at the end (when saying about theatre cares week) and got a huge cheer from the audience.

The show is amazing, especially Leanne as Tracy!!!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Updated On: 12/3/07 at 09:35 AM