Page: 1

"why cant people get along and love each other??"

rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Ok so I just wanted to write this as it seems to me that the whole point of this site has (in recent threads) been forgotten.
People its a glorified chat room, we all come on here with one very specific thing in common, a love of theatre!

Now we all have shows that we love, shows that we hate and shows that we are indifferent to, we have actors, actreses, singers etc that we admire or dont personaly rate, and we ALL have oppinions on these things. Am i right?? OK so If we are all old enough to navigate this thing that we call the "world wide web" then i'm sure we are all mature enough to respect one another's oppinions, without the need to be rude and nasty.

At the end of the day there are few people on here who actualy know one another, so we have no right to mount personal attacks on others, if there is something said that you dont agree with then thats fine, say so, add your oppinion thats why this website is here in the first place. But there is no ACTUAL reason for any of us to be rude, or say spitefull personal things for whatever reason. It just means that other people have to read this, when quite frankly, we dont want to! The threads are there to inform, and to chat about News, events, shows and performers alike, not mind numbing bitch fests, with no relevance to our one common denominator.

I guess what I am trying to say (in a rather round-about way) is please please PLEASE can we get back to the main topics, loose this attidue that has crept into our midst and get back to the much happyer, lighter world of THEATRE DARRRLING?? lets just move on and share any insights and knowledge we might have. Its just a fun website at the end of the day, not a school playground.
Now I REALLY hope no one is offened by this, it is not aimed at anyone in particular, I just felt that it needed to be put out there for all to see, that this type of behaviour is not liked by anyone, and more so, not needed! So I really hope this doesnt fule the fire and just get filled up with the wrong comments, I have written to try and do something good, not nasty.
I finish my rant with the ever lasting words of the all mighty Q... "why cant people get along and love each other??"
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeaaaaaaaaah lets all sing show tunes xxxxxxxxxxxx
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
he he yes I think we should! A great big camp as mamma mia sing song is what this place needs!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
argh no not mamma mia (sobs) but anything else im right there with you (warms up)
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
lol dont worry I was just saying anything as long as its AS camp as Mamma Mia....I'm feeling Hairspray.....and now hes gone and got himself all excited, seriously you cant take me anywhere! sigh
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hehehe

Good Morning Baltimore , theres the flasher who lives next door, theres the bum on his bar room stool,to wish me luck on my way to school (everybody) I love you Baltimore .......
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
"...lighter world of THEATRE DARRRLING??"

Whilst I agree with much of what you say - your line I have quoted above makes me want to vomit.

It indicates the problem with the way theatre is viewed by many non-theatre people - cheap, camp and a waste of time. A self loving nightmare of self-indulgence. As Sir Trevor Nunn put it once reference to Luuuuuuvies and Dharlings is akin to racism in its demeaning and patronising tone and implication.

Theatre isn't always lighter - Shakespeare, Pinter, Stoppard, Bond, Strindberg, Ibsen........... not always light......... not always musicals.......

Don't call me daaaaaaaaarling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I love Bond's "Lear", such a good play which I'd like to see on stage !

But back to the topic : Let the sunshine in, m8s : Peace and Love !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
hehe sorry for that deathstar, just somthing me and my friends say when joking around tis all! I was generalising a lighter world then some of the threads of late. but totaly its not all musicals, far from it.
Its funny that you meantion that actualy, there dont seem to be anywhere near as many threads on the Plays then there is musicals? why do you think that is? my guess would be that they dont tend to run for as long, with some obvious acceptions of course. I am looking forward to the RSC shows at the New London later in the year.
MerMaggieGalinda
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Updated On: 7/12/07 at 08:58 PM