Page: 1

First preview of Kismet cancelled

Clara's Pony Profile PhotoClara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
First preview of Kismet cancelled#1
Posted: 6/22/07 at 4:09pm
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#2
Posted: 6/22/07 at 4:32pm
It was actually the dress rehearsal that was cancelled. The previews weren't to start until Monday, but now the dress rehearsal will be Monday night, and then one preview performance before the opening on June 27.
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#2
Posted: 6/22/07 at 5:14pm
Fair enough the dress rehearsal on the 22nd was cancelled, but the fact that it was rescheduled to the 25th (night of the first preview) therefore means that the first preview has been cancelled, as reported by Playbill. It's sad that they're having difficulties, I'm looking forward to this a lot.
Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#3
Posted: 6/22/07 at 5:21pm
Sorry, you're right... the dress rehearsal was rescheduled. I've had a busy week, and am not thinking clearly...

Hopefully the departure of the choreographer was the end of the problems, and things will go smoothly.
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#4
Posted: 6/22/07 at 5:49pm
You're ok kec! re: First preview of Kismet cancelled

"Hopefully the departure of the choreographer was the end of the problems, and things will go smoothly."

Let's hope so.
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#5
Posted: 6/22/07 at 10:13pm
I so want to see this production! I saw the last London production at the Shaftesbury AGES ago! It was very typical of a cheap West end show then- im sure it only ran a few months (Shaftsbury!) The score is so lush and beatiful. Since that London production ive seen it done many times by amateur companies for the shear pleasure of hearing the score played by a huge orchestra!! Im sure the ENO will come up trumps! OK what are they gone do next? -the list is endless!
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#6
Posted: 6/22/07 at 11:22pm
Candide is a must.
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#7
Posted: 6/23/07 at 5:14am
You would have thought they could have put there differences to one side this close to opening night. There are only 19 performances afterall.

There is already a show running at the ENO (ends tonight)which is why the cast and crew etc can't get on stage for the dress rehearsal until Monday.

I'm looking forward to this production to and I hope inspite of it's difficulties it all goes well.
Updated On: 6/23/07 at 05:14 AM
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#8
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:32am
"I'm looking forward to this production to and I hope inspite of it's difficulties it all goes well. "

I agree. I'm going to the closing performance, and I am very much looking forward to it.
Clara's Pony
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: First preview of Kismet cancelled#9
Posted: 6/23/07 at 9:36pm
It looks as this won't be much of a setback after all... ENO has just reported record advance sales.