Page: 1

Wicked Merchandise

nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Wicked Merchandise#0
Posted: 9/14/06 at 4:02pm
Does anyone out there know what kind of Merchandise they are selling at Wicked? What are the programmes like? Is the souvenir one out yet?

Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Merchandise#2
Posted: 9/14/06 at 5:12pm
The online shop for Wicked merch is down at the moment. O_o

http://www.wickedmerch.com/ shows what's available on Broadway. I didn't get too close to the merch booths in London but I don't remember the umbrella, the Wicked Day pin, the tour top, the wrist bands, the golf balls, or the Wicked Chicago t-shirts being for sale. They might be and I probably just missed them, but I didn't see them. The original novel has just officially come out in paperback for the first time in the UK (all previous paperback appearances were imports of US editions) and that seemed to be on sale too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wicked-Gregory-Maguire/dp/0755331605/sr=8-2/qid=1158268257/ref=sr_1_2/202-1288009-8421431?ie=UTF8&s=gateway

It's quite a nice volume actually; I thought it'd have a nasty shiny cover, but it's matte, and quite nice. Three for two at all branches of Waterstone's if you're interested, or half-price on that Amazon link. XD
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Merchandise#3
Posted: 9/14/06 at 5:17pm
As for the programme... it costs 6. Officially the most expensive theatre programme I got in London on my Week O' Theatre. It's A4 size, very nice quality paper, and crammed full of pictures of previous casts of the show. The only pics of the West End cast are a couple of group shots of the main cast in their civvies, and a handful of rehearsal photos. Personally, I'm hoping that future editions of the programme will have lots of photos of the UK cast, but I suppose early days of previews is too soon for that malarkey just yet. :3

The random articles in the programme are a little introductory thing from Gregory Maguire, that I think is actually in the CD booklet so not really new, and a bit about the history of the theatre itself. So most of it really is made up of photos of previous casts (double page 'Defying Gravity' spread in the centre) and blurbs on the cast and creatives. Very nice programme, but I think the one for 'The Woman In Black' offered far better value for money, in terms of 1) being under a fiver to buy, and 2) having several very readble articles.
avab802 Profile Photoavab802 Profile Photo
avab802
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked Merchandise#4
Posted: 9/15/06 at 11:47am
Is this a small program similar to the US Playbill? I remember when I saw Miss Saigon in London several years ago the small program was 3 pounds and the larger glossy souvenir book was around 10. Hooray for inflation, right?
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked Merchandise#5
Posted: 9/15/06 at 11:58am
Is the pragram not just a stand in until the brochure is produced?
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Wicked Merchandise#6
Posted: 9/15/06 at 12:04pm
It's a mix between the two - plenty of pictures of US casts as well as London cast bios and crew listings. As Weez says, I'm sure they'll produce something better once the show has opened...

However, usually the programme is a small booklet with cast and crew details (around 3), and the brochure is A4 sized with lots of pretty pictures (around 5). Les Mis also tried to combine the two a few years ago, but soon reverted back to the old system. I think Billy Elliot still combines though.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked Merchandise#7
Posted: 9/16/06 at 6:31am
I presumed that the programme was a halfway point between Programme and Brochure until they have photos for a proper Brochure, then they will have a small programme and a brochure
mikeyb16 Profile Photomikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Wicked Merchandise#8
Posted: 9/19/06 at 5:15pm
would anyone know what the prices are the theatre are selling the wicked t-shirt,wicked hat,wicked mug, wicked keyring? thanks