Page: 1

Adrian Mole Musical

picturetaker9211 Profile Photopicturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Adrian Mole Musical#0
Posted: 6/29/06 at 10:34pm
Hey everybody here in the West End! was wondering if anybody here knew about an Adrian Mole musical. I was reading the series & on the back of one the books, they mentioned a musical. I Googled it & it said that it in the West End. Does anybody have any information on it? Thanks!
"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Adrian Mole Musical#1
Posted: 8/21/06 at 4:04pm
there is an adrian mole musical, with a title of the same name. i have a copy of the script. its extremely good!!!!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
WhoPaintedTheKitten? Profile PhotoWhoPaintedTheKitten? Profile Photo
WhoPaintedTheKitten?
Understudy
Understudy
re: Adrian Mole Musical#2
Posted: 8/21/06 at 7:19pm
"...if you rearrange the letters in the word unemployed, it spells OPPORTUNITY!" - Gary Coleman, Ave. Q
Updated On: 3/11/07 at 07:19 PM
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile PhotoCaroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Adrian Mole Musical#3
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:02am
I. Love. Those. Books.

They're BRILLIANT
"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
JohnBoy3
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Adrian Mole Musical#4
Posted: 8/22/06 at 8:36am
I saw it when I was about 15-many years ago. I have the actual book and it still makes me laugh after all these years-how my life is reflected in art, proberbly not in the West-end though-more amatuer groups
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Adrian Mole Musical#5
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:45pm
the musical script is based upon the 1st diary book - hence the title - 'the secret diary of adrian mole aged 13 3/4 the play'

its got the same story, mostly the same dialogue, but with the real characters, not in dairy form. its very good.

i dont suppose anyone knows how to get hold of the piano score do they????? ive searched long and hard and cannot find it anywhere! and i know its around somewhere!!!!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Adrian Mole Musical#6
Posted: 3/11/07 at 5:30am
It ran at the Wyndham's in around 1984/ 1985. The author had a lot of input in the show- I think it originated at Leicester Haymarket. The set involved a 2-storey house.

As I recal, Stephen Moore, Sheila Steafel and Steven Mackintosh were in it.

Some great songs- The Other Woman and Coming Down to Earth Again spring to mind. I'm sure I have the LP somewhere!
pattifan2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Adrian Mole Musical#7
Posted: 3/11/07 at 6:08am
A friend of mine played the title role in a local production some years ago. I remember seeing it a couple of times. It was quite a neat little show with a number of funny scenes with his Nan and Bert Baxter.
...fragment of the day...