Page: 1

Bombay Dreams

bollywoodpyar Profile Photobollywoodpyar Profile Photo
bollywoodpyar
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Bombay Dreams#0
Posted: 3/31/06 at 11:57pm
I understand that Bombay Dreams is going on tour. If there is anybody out there who has seen Bombay Dreams and Bollywood films, I am curious about how impressive the play is, considering that I hold Bollywood movies (which, in my opinion, are more like plays than any other genre) in such high regard. Can I expect the same kind of excitement out of the play or will it be a complete waste of money and time to go? If it is as wonderful as Bollywood, I will be first in line, but if otherwise, I would really like to save myself the hassle.
"If Jack's in love, he's no judge of Jill's beauty." -Anon.
bollywoodpyar
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Bombay Dreams#2
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:44am
well naturally. but if you've ever seen a bollywood movie, everything is so... i don't know... dramatic. the first one i saw, i felt like i was watching a play from the comfort of my living room. i guess it's the acting or something, but it is very play-like.
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bombay Dreams#3
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:38pm
Bombay Dreams is not a play, its a musical...sorry it really bugs me when people say that. i saw it in london in the 2nd year and to be honest i thought it was the worst thing i have ever seen!the sets looked like they were going to fall down when they had guys in cells for dont releace me, the songs were truely.....well they were just realy un-imaginative and bland i know they put it on broadway with a "revised and better production" however it was a total flop and i dont think it even lasted two months.for me this show is a no go! however thats just MY oppinion so any fans please dont shot me down ok.
bollywoodpyar
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Bombay Dreams#4
Posted: 4/1/06 at 5:30pm
if it's really that bad, then i won't waste my time. anything bland and i'd be walking out anyway. thanks a lot for your opinion.