Page: 1

West End Sheet Music and Cast Recording

BroadwayBound06 Profile PhotoBroadwayBound06 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound06
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
West End Sheet Music and Cast Recording#0
Posted: 6/15/04 at 5:17pm
Do they make sheet music for West End versions of shows? I'm mainly looking for the London version of Children of Eden because I'd like to sing that version of Lost in the Wilderness. And does anyone know where I can buy a cast recording of it? How often do shows get drasticly changed during the oversea's transisiton?
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sheet music only tends to be available for the 'current' version of a show - for example, the sheet music of Jekyll and Hyde from the concept recordings is now out of print, replaced by the Broadway version.
The only version of Children of Eden available (I looked on Amazon) has the American Premier artwork on the front, so I would assume that it is from that production. And the recording of the OLC for Children of Eden is long out of print and extremely hard to get hold of now - there is one for sale now on Ebay for 19.99 though.

Several shows have been drastically changed for overseas productions (not always sucessfully) including Tanz der Vampire (became Dance of the Vampires) Taboo and Bombay Dreams for Broadway and a 'reimagining' of the Witches of Eastwick for Russia

Hope this helps
Peter

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

BroadwayBound06
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
You can still get the sheet music to the Jekyll and Hyde concept cast. It is the better version of the show.
Katakana
Swing
Swing
In case you're interested in borrowing the CD rather than buying it, the following libraries own copies of the London cast recording of Children of Eden:

University of Miami, Music Library, Florida
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Your local library may be able to borrow one of the CDs for you through an interlibrary loan.

I did a worldwide library catalog search for the sheet music from the London show but did not find any libraries that own it.

Katakana
Swing
Swing
I did a little further checking. There is a used copy of the CD available for sale at www.alibris.com. The site doesn't give much information about the CD, but you can contact the seller via email if you're interested.
BroadwayBound06
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
thanks guys