Page: 1

The Invisible Man At The Menier.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Invisible Man At The Menier.#1
Posted: 10/12/10 at 10:32am
Casting has been confirmed for 'The Invisible Man' at the Menier Chocolate Factory.

'The Invisible Man' by Ken Hill.
Menier Chocolate Factory Theatre, London.
12th Nov 2010 to 13th Feb 2011

The cast includes: Maria Friedman, John Gordon Sinclair, Gary Wilmot, Natalie Casey, Jo Stone-Fewings, Michael Beckley, Gerard Carey, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Christopher Godwin, Teddy Kempner

H.G. Wells’s classic novel, adapted by Ken Hill, has been converted into a music hall romp for the entire family.
The ‘ideous ‘appenings that shook the bucolic village of Iping when the sinister Griffin arrived, wrapped in bandages and with a distinctly unsociable manner, are told with tongue-in-cheek humour combined with special effects.

Directed by Ian Talbot.
Designed by Paul Farnsworth.

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Invisible Man At The Menier.#2
Posted: 10/12/10 at 10:37am
Although I love Maria Friedman, this does not appeal to me at all. So I think the Invisible Man at the Menier will be me - coz I won't be there. lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Invisible Man At The Menier.#2
Posted: 10/12/10 at 10:37am
I've never seen 'The Invisible Man'...
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Invisible Man At The Menier.#3
Posted: 10/12/10 at 11:03am
Blink and you'll miss him!

The Menier has a lot of hard work to do if it is to produce a production of this anywhere need as fantastic as the original London production.
It opened at the Theatre Royal Stratford E15 in 1985 before a limited run at the Vaudeville, it later transfered for a longer run at the Comedy.

The magic illusions were pretty incredible with the pipe smoking scene being the most astounding.
Ken Hill had every single person connected with the production, front of house included, sign an a contract not to reveal the workings of these illusions.

It is by far the better of his works.
He has done musical versions of 'The Phantom Of The Opera' which toured the UK for 2 years finally playing the Shaftesbury but it closed prematurely. (CD available)
He also had a version of 'Zorro' that was produced at Startford E15 but Mr Hill became very ill with cancer before any West End transfer could be made.

I'm looking forward to this one.
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Invisible Man At The Menier.#4
Posted: 10/12/10 at 11:26am
He was a great addition to the West End and I enjoyed 'Phantom'. I never got to the original 'Invisible' and can't say I'm in a urry this time
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Invisible Man At The Menier.#5
Posted: 10/12/10 at 11:52am
Sounds fun, but waaaaay out of my budget. I tend not to see Menier productions until after they transfer these days, and if they don't transfer, I take it as a sign. The Invisible Man At The Menier.
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Invisible Man At The Menier.#6
Posted: 10/12/10 at 4:23pm
After getting the Menier's e-mail yesterday I booked tickets for January - I figured with a great cast it could well be a good show (didn't happen with 'Paradise Found' though, did it?).