Page: 1

Day Seats

ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#1
Posted: 9/28/10 at 8:34pm
What is the day seat turnout like compared to Broadway general rush? I am hoping to obtain a single day seat for Flashdance and DeathTrap (Tuesday night & Wednesday night) for mid-November. I am planning on 7:00 am. Too early? Not early enough? If you can give other show examples for reference that would be appreciated. Thanks
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#2
Posted: 9/29/10 at 5:45am
I've not dayseated for either of these shows, but 7am sounds like a fine, if somewhat early, time. Neither of these shows are epic sell-outs in tiny, exclusive venues (why hello there, Donmar Warehouse!), and I don't believe the dayseats are as bargaintastic as others (oh, All My Sons, I didn't see you there!), so - and please forgive me if I'm wrong - I reckon you could give yourself an extra hour or so in bed. Especially for Flashdance (the Shaftesbury is both huge and out-of-the-way).
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Day Seats#2
Posted: 9/29/10 at 8:02am
Flashdance you could probably do 9:30 on a weekday.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#3
Posted: 9/29/10 at 9:05am
I was going to try and get a dayseat for Death Trap in a couple of weeks but as I'm coming up from Bristol I won't be in town until 11:30 on the day. I'm now assuming that my chances are practically nil...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Day Seats#4
Posted: 9/29/10 at 9:46am
Its been on tkts too though and its not much more than a dayseat.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#5
Posted: 9/29/10 at 11:36am
I got a Dayseat at 11:30 for Deathtrap the other week. To be honest, I think arriving at 9/9:30 for both during the week would be fine.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#6
Posted: 9/29/10 at 1:21pm
I agree, don't rush up, enjoy your sleep, you definitely get one of them and if in the unlikely event you miss out on the other you can always get cheapish tickets from TKTS.

As Mark said he got his TKT at 11:30am

On TKTS today 'Flashdance' is 32:50 and 'Deathtrap' was 27:75 for the matinee and 40:13 for the evening.

How much are the day tickets for both shows?
cages/wings?
Stand-by
Stand-by
Day Seats#7
Posted: 9/29/10 at 1:23pm
I don't know about these specific shows, but many times I have been to a theatre a couple of hours before a show starts and got a top price ticket in centre stalls or dress circle for 25. It works like a dream if you're just after one ticket.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#8
Posted: 9/29/10 at 2:36pm
Yes it does especially for single seats, I got one for Hairspray with Michael Ball when it was really popular at 14:30 and I was not in the regular day ticket section and had a very good view.

I think box offices are happy to get rid of single seats, at a very good discount price (day ticket), as I guess the seating logistics will throw up single seats randomly that would not get sold otherwise.

Cages/Wings great message by the way.

Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#9
Posted: 9/29/10 at 3:52pm
For Deathtrap however the dayseats are in the most perfect location for the show!

The front row at the Noel Coward has the most leg room in any West End theatre I think! Im amazed they haven't put in an extra row.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#10
Posted: 9/29/10 at 5:46pm
Think I do day ticket for deathtrap, however I will be close to the Noel Coward at 4pm, so might stick my head round.
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#11
Posted: 9/29/10 at 10:47pm
Thanks everybody for your advice and suggestions. I had another thread (London Theatre Take 2) and took the advice of some of you and booked for Monday evening War Horse. I am sitting on the side (benches?) I will do day seats for Deathtrap on Tuesday and day seats for Flashdance for Wednesday and sleep in an extra hour. Now that Sweet Charity is closing mere days before I arrive, I have chosen Oliver for Wednesday matinee. I have noticed discounts on TheatreMonkey. but they end in October. Not being a seat snob, can I relatively get a discount for this show...balcony or restricted view? Since the original cast is no longer in it, I just want to sit anywhere hoping to spend under 20 pounds. The lower the better. Thanks again.
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#12
Posted: 9/30/10 at 4:25am
Yes that should be no problem Artman. To be honest, you could wait until the day and do TKTS or wait for another offer online. Im pretty sure there will be one and if not, there will be balcony seats left.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#13
Posted: 9/30/10 at 6:33am
I think it's great that theatres have a day seat allocation to enable people on a tight budget to be able to afford to see a show. The only probelm I have with it is when the theatres reserve front row seats etc as day seats. Rent Remixed and Zorro, for example, did that - and there were people sitting in seats better than mine who had paid about half what I paid! (and I'd booked ages before and those front row seats weren't even available to book)
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Day Seats#14
Posted: 9/30/10 at 4:18pm
I went passed the Noel Coward Theatre today at 4:33pm 22sec, called in for you to see if ant day tickets were still available, but all side out.