Page: 1

Hamlet tickets?

xoangel2789xo
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hamlet tickets?#1
Posted: 7/30/09 at 3:05pm
My classmates and I did a Google search on how to get tickets for Hamlet, and didn't find anything very helpful. Is there a website for this or should we just go to the theater? And how hard is it to get the 10 pound tickets?

-Thanks
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Hamlet tickets?#2
Posted: 7/30/09 at 3:59pm
Looked like the busiest day queue in town this morning and
the returns queue is huge too, was useful for me as selling spares was no hassle.

Go as early as you can.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hamlet tickets?#2
Posted: 7/30/09 at 4:12pm
Well, the run is sold out, so you need to queue for day seats if you want to see it. The earliest people queueing arrived around 5am on Sunday iirc, so if you're going for a weekend, you REALLY need to arrive SUPER-early! And make sure you have at least one person for every two tickets needed. Otherwise, you ain't seeing this.
Updated On: 7/30/09 at 04:12 PM
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Hamlet tickets?#3
Posted: 7/30/09 at 4:29pm
Was I incredibly lucky then, to be able to get two great stalls seats (not together, but one right behind the other - dead centre row L and M) when I looked on the Donmar West End website in June this year? I hadn't even realised it had practically sold out - I just had a look on the website, saw those tickets and bought them.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hamlet tickets?#4
Posted: 7/30/09 at 6:28pm
Pretty much. The Donmar always seems to open up new blocks of seats every now and then at random intervals; I was lucky enough to benefit from this habit myself for this play! But you really can't count on it, especially as the run is inexorably crawling closer and closer to its end.
PastorErnst Profile PhotoPastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Hamlet tickets?#5
Posted: 7/31/09 at 12:35am
I was originally told that queuing at 8 am would be early enough. Surely, I show up at quarter to 8, wait until 10 am and the last rush seat is sold to the girl directly in front of me.

After speaking with cast members, it seems that people begin queuing around 6 am. You can also try getting tickets at 6 pm when the cancellation tickets are released.
xoangel2789xo
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Hamlet tickets?#6
Posted: 8/1/09 at 1:29pm
Thanks...we'll probably go on a Friday.