Collabro to Be Supported By Choir of Stars at Palladium Concert
A choir of young stars will join Britain's Got Talent winners Collabro when they perform at the London Palladium in November at the London gig of their 29-date UK tour.
Collabro have invited lucky young choirs up and down the UK to take part in their concerts (#CollabroChoirs), but the London choir will be special: it is packed full of some of the top musical theatre child stars in the country.
Talented young performers who have played lead roles in hit West End musicals such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Annie, Matilda, The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole the musical, School of Rock, Les Miserables, The Sound of Music and 13 will join the popular super-group on the stage of London's most famous theatre. This is because they are also students of MTM (Musical Theatre Masterclass), the leading part-time musical theatre training academy in London, run by the West End and Broadway star, Michael Xavier.
Asha Banks, 13, who most recent stage role was playing Pandora in The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, the musical at the Menier Chocolate Factory in the summer, says: "All of us at MTM are honoured to be supporting Collabro in their London Palladium concert. This is such an iconic theatre, and they are the top musical theatre group out there - we can't wait!"
The students have had the best inspiration: giants of the West End, such as Kerry Ellis and Ramin Karimloo, and Olivier Award winners Matt Henry, Rebecca Trehearn, Katie Brayben and Trevor Dion Nicholas, are just some of the the star guests they have been taught by this year at the academy.
The Collabro concert at the London Palladium is on Thursday 16 November, and some of the star students performing as part of the Collabro MTM choir are:
• Asha Banks, 13, who has just played Pandora in The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, the musical, after an 8 month run as Violet Beauregarde in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane;
. Sophia Pettit, 14, who won an Oliver award for School of Rock, and played Annie in the Annie UK Tour;
• Sam Menhinick, 13, who played Adrian Mole in The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, the musical, at the Menier Chocolate Factory;
• Violet Tucker, 14, who played Matilda in the West End and Jane Banks in the Mary Poppins UK tour;
• Lottie May O'Kill, who played Patrice in the recent West End production of 13;
• Milo Panni, who played Evan in the recent West End production of 13 and Young Simon in I Can't Sing
MTM hold regular audition days for places. www.mtmasterclass.com