The Gamm Campaigns To Raise $100,000 To Support The Theater
On February 5, The Sandra Feinstein- Gamm Theatre (The Gamm) announced a campaign to raise $100,000 in support of the theater's working capital reserve, an internal line of credit for the 24-year-old theater company. At the kick- off event, Leon Boghossian III, chair of The Gamm's Development Committee and a Pawtucket native, announced that Narragansett Bay Insurance Company has made an inaugural gift of $5,000 towards the campaign.
Sean F. Murphy, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Narragansett Bay Insurance Company, called The Gamm "a jewel of the city," adding, "Narragansett Bay Insurance Company is proud to support the theater's efforts to secure its fiscal health and stability for years to come. It is great to have my business become a key part of The Gamm's plan for fiscal stability."
The event included a performance of Clifford Odets' Awake and Sing!, hosted by the recently formed Pawtucket Business Advisory Group, which advises the theater on ways to increase and enhance connections with the city's business and civic community. Representatives from 23 local businesses, as well as several city councilors, attended the event. Boghossian shared information about the Working Capital Reserve Campaign, as well as other ways to support The Gamm, such as sponsoring the April 18 fundraiser, The Scarlet Affair, advertising in play programs, subscribing to the upcoming 25th Anniversary Season or joining the Pawtucket Business Advisory Group.
"This was a fantastic way to welcome people into the fold," Boghossian said. "The Gamm has been in Pawtucket since 2003, and has thrived like never before. This event was a great way to invite new friends to explore partnerships that will strengthen the theater, our local businesses, and our city."
Members of The Gamm's Pawtucket Business Advisory Group include:
· Samuel F. Babbitt: Vice President, Brown University, Development (retired); President, Kirkland College (retired)
· Richard Blockson: Vice President, Rhode Island Media Group
· Leon Boghossian III: Partner, Hinckley, Allen and Snyder LLP
· Michael Cassidy: Director, City of Pawtucket Planning and Redevelopment
· Allen Chatterton III: President, Chatterton Insurance
· Coline Covington: Editor-in-Chief, Conde Nast Publications (retired)
· Tony Estrella: Artistic Director, The Gamm Theatre
· Margaret Mary Belliveau-Hovarth: Partner, The Law Offices of Hovarth and Hovarth
· Richard Kazarian, Jr.: Chair of Pawtucket Riverfront Commission; Art and Antiques Dealer; Historian
· Sean Murphy: Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President, Narragansett Bay Insurance Company
· Yvonne Seggerman: Executive Director, The Gamm Theatre and Pawtucket Armory Association
For information about The Gamm's Working Capital Reserve Campaign, the Pawtucket Business Advisory Group, or other ways to support The Gamm, please call BrIan Platt, Development Associate, at (401) 723-4266, ext. 16.