Assistant Prop Manager/ Manager - The Public TheaterBack to Jobs | View More Temp Jobs - Creative Listings
Prop Managers/ Assistant Prop Manager
The Public Theater Prop Department is seeking organized and creative people to expand our list of Prop Managers and Assistant Prop Manager. As a Prop Manager, you will maintain a list of ongoing projects, including delegating and coordinating prop making. You will work closely with departments at The Public to ensure the successful execution of productions.
• Plan and execute the creation of all props in the show within a given budget
• Collaborate with various departments such as stage management, design, and production
• Act as a representative of the Props Department in meetings with the various teams at the Public
• Assist actors with their prop needs
• Maintain policies to ensure safe work practices
• Prop Management experience at a professional theater is required
• Strong communication skills, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences
• Ability to perform physical tasks such as moving materials and furniture and spending long periods standing up • Flexible schedule- schedule varies during tech, and there will be some 10+ hour days
This position is hired based on the duration of a project and is paid an hourly rate. Starting hourly rate is $30
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com with Prop Manager in the subject line.
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The Public Theater Production Department is currently engaged in a combination of remote and in-person work. This position will begin work remotely but is expected to begin working in person during the 2021-2022 season.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Salary: Starting hourly rate $30.00