KEM and MGM Grand Casino Detroit to Host 2014 MACK & THIRD LIVE Concert, Fundraiser and Food Drive This Sunday
Detroit -- KEM & MGM Grand Casino Detroit Present: 2014 Mack & Third LIVE is an all-day concert, fundraiser and food drive to benefit the homeless community, which will take place on August 24, 2014 at the New Detroit Conservancy West RiverWalk Park at 1801 W. Jefferson, Detroit, MI 48216.
The 2014 event will feature: 'A Meal & A Message' for homeless citizens from KEM; several food & merchandise vendors; free health screenings and all-day live concert and comedic entertainment that will conclude with performances by KEM and The O'Jays.
All canned goods, along with merchandise, beverage & other financial profits from the event, will be donated to organizations that assist Metro Detroit's homeless community.
KEM's 2014 Mack & Third event has a new, larger location -- The New Detroit Conservancy West RiverWalk Park at 1801 W. Jefferson, Detroit, MI 48216. The new site has significant meaning, as KEM spent his final night of homelessness and addiction at that location on July 23, 1990. The larger location also provides the capacity to grow in the future, including the expansion of services, levels of assistance and audience capacity.
LIVE STREAMING: Mack & Third 2014 will be livestreamed, courtesy of Comcast Xfinity. Fans can log on to www.mackandthird.org to view.
Entry Fee: donation of $5.00
At mackandthird.org / At event gates from 9AM-9PM Saturday & Sunday
Children 15 & under FREE
$50.00 Premium Seat Available
(Includes Designated: entry/seating/beverage carts/restrooms)
8AM-11AM: A MEAL & A MESSAGE (for homeless honorees)
10:15AM: KEM's MESSAGE (for homeless honorees)
11:00AM: KEM 1-ON-1 MEDIA AVAILABILITY
(inside front lobby of Salvation Army building -- 1627 Fort St.)
12PM: PUBLIC GATES OPEN
3PM-5PM: KEM AUTOGRAPH SIGNING -- SHANTINIQUE'S MERCHANDISE BOOTH
EXCLUSIVE SALE OF KEM's NEW 'PROMISE TO LOVE' CD (available in stores 8/25)
1PM-10PM: LIVE MUSIC ON MAINSTAGE (Comedian Damon Williams - host)
- ARC Band
- Darius Twyman ft. Derrick Milan
- Brian O'Neal
- Shelby Brown
- Keely Ferguson
- Kevin Ross (Motown Artist)
- Tasha Cobbs (Motown Artist)
- L'Renee (Kemistry Records Artist)
- Calvin Richardson (Primary Wave Artist)
- THE O'JAYS (headlining)
Purposes of MACK & THIRD:
- Raise funds & collect canned goods for the area's homeless shelters & food banks
- Provide a getaway for Detroiters from the stresses of their current situations
- To serve a free meal to homeless men, women & children and others in need
- To encourage people to volunteer and to give back to their community
Ways to Donate:
- Bring canned goods to event
- Make a monetary donation at event
- Make a monetary donation at www.mackandthird.org
- Purchase merchandise/beverages at the event
- Send check/money order to: Mack & Third; P.O. Box 441245; Detroit, MI 48244
- Performances by Grammy-nominated Artist KEM and THE O'JAYS (headlining act)
- 'A Meal & A Message' from KEM, a private event for homeless citizens (sponsor: Forgotten Harvest)
- Presenting Sponsor: MGM Grand Detroit Casino
- Host Partner: Detroit Riverfront Conservancy West RiverWalk Park
- Community Partners: Salvation Army / Forgotten Harvest
- Broadcast Partner: Comcast Xfinity
- HealthCare Row: (sponsors: DMC & DTE Energy Foundation)
Free Health Screenings / Rapid STD & Aids Testing / Dental Screenings / Blood Pressure / Glaucoma / Podiatry Services
- Merchant Row: (sponsor: Bank of America)
Fine Art / Marketplace / Community Services / Food Vendors / Craft Vendors
- Beverage Vendor (sponsor: Coca-Cola)
- Children's Village (sponsors: PawnGuru.com / Home Depot)
Inflatables / Arts & Crafts / Puppets / Face Painting / Pony Rides
- Food Donation Areas (sponsor: Forgotten Harvest)
- Donation Center (sponsor: Quicken Loans)
- Restricted Items: Weapons, Fireworks, Barbecue Pits, Tents, Canopies, Coolers, Beverages, Alcohol, Pets, Motorized Vehicles, Illegal Substances
- Permitted Items: Lawn Chairs, Mats, Blankets
- Videotaping of the Performances is Prohibited
For more, visit www.mackandthird.org, or follow Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: @MackAndThird. Event Hashtag: #MackAndThird. For the latest KEM news, visit: MusicByKEM.com; facebook.com/MusicByKEM and follow KEM on Twitter & Instagram at @MusicByKEM.
About Mack & Third, Inc: Mack & Third, Inc. is a Michigan domestic non-profit corporation founded by Motown Recording Artist KEM, which is named for an intersection in the area where many of Detroit's homeless citizens reside. Mack & Third, Inc. assists organizations that support the homeless community, including shelters and organizations which supported KEM throughout his journey from homelessness & addiction to sobriety & success. KEM's annual Mack & Third event is an all-day concert to benefit and recognize Detroit's homeless citizens that provides hot meals and health screenings to thousands of homeless people and has collected hundreds of thousands of canned goods. The 2012 event was attended by 55,000 fans and collected in excess of 130,000 canned goods. Information about the Mack & Third event is available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MackAndThird, on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MackAndThird and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/MackAndThirdOrg. Mack & Third, Inc. is a 501c3 organization.
About KEM: In 2001, KEM independently released his first CD, KEMISTRY, on his Kemistry Records label, selling nearly 15,000 units, after which, he was signed by Universal Motown. Motown re-released KEMISTRY in 2002, released KEM ALBUM II in May 2005 and INTIMACY in August 2010, which debuted at #2 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums list and was certified Gold in March 2012.KEM's first three studio albums on the Motown label garnered him national critical and commercial acclaim, including two GRAMMY nominations, a Soul Train award nomination and a BET Centric Award nomination. Kemistry, Album II, and Intimacy have each been certified RIAA gold, and worldwide sales are in excess of 2.5 million copies. KEM's Christmas album, WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS, was released on October 16, 2012. After the holiday season, the album had sold 76,000 copies, making it the #3 highest-selling Urban Christmas record in one season. KEM wrote and recorded a duet with Ronald Isley entitled "My Favorite Thing," which was released as the second single from Ron Isley's 2013 CD, "This Song Is For You." KEM re-released his WHAT CHRISTMAS MEANS DELUXE project in October 2013, which included four bonus tracks. The added track, "Jesus" features Patti LaBelle and Ronald Isley. In December 2013, KEM presented the 'KEM & Friends: What Christmas Means Holiday Tour,' a holiday-themed concert with a storyline narrated by actor/comedian Anthony Anderson and featuring KEM & his R&B friends Patti LaBelle, Ronald Isley and Avery Sunshine. Performances of their hits, as well as Christmas original & classic songs together on stage, took audiences on a never-seen-before uplifting holiday journey. KEM's 4th studio album, PROMISE TO LOVE, will be released on the Motown label on Monday, August 25, 2014. www.musicbykem.com.