From Bestselling Author James Martin, a First-of-its-Kind E-Book, TOGETHER ON RETREAT
In Together On Retreat: Meeting Jesus in Prayer (HarperOne; February 2013; E-Book Original), Martin has created an entirely unique, never-before-seen digital format he calls the "E-Retreat"-an invitation to prayer and reflection using the technology of the E-Book. Unlike websites and digital apps that tackle spiritual issues piecemeal, Together On Retreat compiles the key components of retreat into one convenient, easily accessible package, including:
- An explanation and outline of the full retreat experience
- Guidelines and easy-to-use instructions on how to pray
- Specific Scriptural passages for contemplation
- Reflection questions for both personal study and larger reading groups
- A personal narrative, including images, recounting Martin's own pilgrimage to the Sea of Galilee
- In the enhanced edition, videos answering the most common questions about prayer and retreats
Unlike anything else on the market, Martin's Together On Retreat offers a way for today's busy Christian to have the full retreat experience anyplace, anytime.<
According to Martin, "Hundreds of people have told me how much they want to make a retreat, but don't have the time (or the money). I'm always looking for new ways to help people to pray in the real world. An E-Retreat, based on an actual weekend retreat I led a few years ago, is my solution for the modern believer."
To be used as an outline for a personal retreat experience or as a companion to a guided retreat, Together On Retreat will be released on February 19, 2013, at the start of the 2013 Lenten Season.