Harold Pinter & Playhouse Theatres

Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 1/25/14 at 08:05pm
Has anyone heard what productions are due or likely to be going into these theatres. Was half hoping American Psycho might end up at one of them.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/25/14 at 08:27pm
I'm hoping Let the Right One transfers, I believe its still on the cards. Its surprising that the Pinter hasn't yet announced its next show considering Mojo is closing in two weeks, I'm sure the new shows will announced by next week.

American Psycho I reckon will be either be those two mentioned or the Garrick. Wolf Hall/Bring up the Bodies I imagine will transfer in the summer.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/25/14 at 08:46pm
Also surprised that the Duchess has leap frogged a show, with the announcement of Bakersfield Mist, so will be dark unless something else firms up in the meantime.

When the leads leave Once immensely the show could be done.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/25/14 at 08:58pm
I imagine the Duchess will have a filler show for a few weeks before Bakerfields Mist, perhaps Putting it Together could do a limited run.

Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/26/14 at 03:48am
Calling Anythinggoes....
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/27/14 at 04:14am
Last I heard Let The Right One In was heading to the Garrick... This could change as The Apollo is free and apparently may open sooner than planed so needs a sure fire hit to get people in there...

American Psyco was looking at Harold Pinter but having schedule troubles with it's leading man...it maybe delayed to April/May instead of an immediate transfer...

Spamalot closing was actually quite a shocker as Let It Be wanted to transfer to Playhouse but was stopped due to Spams sudden uptake in sales (Python mania recently) so it must have flopped back down quickly. I imagine they have something to bring in
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 1/27/14 at 08:43am
The Harold Pinter would be a good venue for American Psycho. Hoping it transfers down at end of March & start of June so hoping has done by either of those dates. It is odd given how close to closing Mojo is that the Pinter hasn't announced anything.

Spamalot did seem to be doing better but obviously not good enough.
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/27/14 at 03:17pm
Hand bagged is headed to Vaudeville.

Some very interesting stuff happening Autumn and into 2015.

It's a but of a lull currently but some killer new shows (commercially) on the way which could result in a few shock West End closures...
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/27/14 at 03:43pm
Anything Goes, you are a tease you are, but great poster.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/27/14 at 06:24pm
And now comes the rumour of Putting it Together transferring to Wyndhams!
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow *****
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/27/14 at 07:22pm
I'm surprised Putting it Together is rumoured to go the Wyndham's as the Duchess has a gap between Tell me on a Sunday closing and Bakersfield Mist opening so would make sense to go there.

There's going to be a revival of Closer directed by David Leveaux but think that's coming in the summer or Autumn.

AG23, any news on Wolf Hall/Bring up the Bodies? Given its sold out its run at the RSC, a transfer must be in the cards. I'm hoping it goes to the Wyndham's.

It'll be interesting what shows are coming in apart from the ones already rumoured. I agree that we may see shock West End closures like we did two years ago with Chicago and Blood Brothers.

Updated On: 1/27/14 at 07:22 PM
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/14 at 08:01am
Handbagged now confirmed at the Vaudeville, I never heard of the show until yesterday and was intrested in reading the synopsis and have to say it sounds like a poor imitation of The Audience, which it seems to be cashing in on, anyway it is good to see the Vaudeville still have a political theme, but then again nothing can be dreadful as that duck house.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/01-2014/moira-buffinis-handbagged-transfers-to-vaudeville-_33310.html?cid=homepage_news
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/14 at 08:42am
Shock closures now that is a medicine I wouldn't want to swallow at the moment, as it would mean the certain demise of my 2nd favourite West EŁnd show and that would be a final goodnight for Billy Elliot.

39 Steps, The Woman in Black, Stomp and Jersey Boys (which as it is transferring, won't be posting closing notices) are welcome to go to the scraphea.p
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/14 at 09:09am
39 Steps, Woman in Black and Stomp are likely cheap to run hence why they've run so long, I wouldn't mind seeing Thriller close, that shows has been clogging up the Lyric for too long.

Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/14 at 01:21pm
Forgot about 'Thrller' and 100% agree! that it can go.

Also wouldn't be too fussed if We Will Rock You, The Lion King, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Once, The Bodyguard and The Commitments took a early bath too.
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/28/14 at 03:32pm
Bodyguard is interesting as it is doing stellar buisness but sadly the next show was booked in before it's surge in sales. It will go out on a high. It's expected to come off end of August ahead of Made in Dagenham going in.

Once is a cheap show to run...it will stay for a while...

Memphis is due to come in at The Shaftesbury but it's going to be a tough sell.

A broadway invasion is due with Motown, Kinky Boots, Newsies and Pippin coming in later 2014/2015. All have venues slated but are awaiting for current shows to announce closure/firming dates.

Australia's Strictly Ballroom is already on the cards to come in at a venue which has a new show opening soon..ahem!

Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/14 at 04:01pm
Aside from Les Mis and Phantom I dont think any show closing would surprise me

I can see aldywch, palace, victoria palace, adelphi, phoenix becoming free in the next year. Maybe even drury lane and the palladium (I think I cant sing will be one extreme or the other ) too.

The bodyguard is doing well because of its star, if they cant find a replacement I wpuld imagine it would go back to struggling again

I guess strictly ballroom is looking at palladium or savoy then
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Posted: 1/28/14 at 04:14pm
Charlie is doing fantastic. It has another 2 years at least and have producers with deep pockets which currently are being lined nicely...I wouldn't be surprised if it does another 3 maybe 4 years at Drury Lane...

It had the benefit, like Lion King, of being a family show but is also appealing to older market for nostalgia but doesn't have the tourist/foreign market so strongly like Lion King does for it to run decades (I think!)
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/28/14 at 06:41pm
It'll be interesting if Aladdin and Rocky are hits on Broadway as I imagine Disney and Stage Entertainment will want them to transfer to the West End by 2016 at the earliest, same for King Kong although that'll need a big theatre like the Dominion or Drury Lane,
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Posted: 1/29/14 at 12:57pm
If Rocky is a hit it will almost certainly transfer and the producers of King Kong have made no secret that they are looking for a new production a year for next few years and will target West End. Hearing stronger and stronger rumours that we will rock you will close at the Dominion.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/29/14 at 01:53pm
We certainly get the rough end of the deal from Australia with 'Strictly Ballroom' instead of 'King Kong', I guess this is our punishment for sending convicts out there to hard labour.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/29/14 at 07:13pm
Don't think Once is going away anytime soon. They are currently recasting. And it deserves a very lengthy run - it's far and away THE best musical in the West End at the moment IMO.

As for other possible closures, I will not attempt to use a crysstal ball - so not sure what I would consider a "shock" closure. And I never wish a closing notice upon any show - even shows I dislike have a perfect right to a good run if lots of other people love them. But, of course, on the other hand - some shows have to close to make room for new shows.

Also, have to admit that - as was the case in 2013 and 2012 - I am more excited about upcoming fringe shows than I am with any upcoming West End musicals.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time***** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen***** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Don't think Once is going away anytime soon. They are currently recasting. And it deserves a very lengthy run - it's far and away THE best musical in the West End at the moment IMO.

As for other possible closures, I will not attempt to use a crysstal ball - so not sure what I would consider a "shock" closure. And I never wish a closing notice upon any show - even shows I dislike have a perfect right to a good run if lots of other people love them. But, of course, on the other hand - some shows have to close to make room for new shows.

Also, have to admit that - as was the case in 2013 and 2012 - I am more excited about upcoming fringe shows than I am with any upcoming West End musicals.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time***** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen***** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend

bob8rich
Broadway Legend

bob8rich
Broadway Legend

Page:

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Message Board

Book of Mormon Run 9 Posts

BWW BLOGS