Eric Woolfson's SOMEWHERE IN THE AUDIENCE Set for March 18 Release
Eric Woolfson'S SOMEWHERE IN THE AUDIENCE is set for release 18th March 2013 on Limelight Records. The alumb will be released on the anniversary of what would have been the late Eric Woolfson's 68th birthday. 'Somewhere in the Audience' is a compilation of music from four of Eric's musicals 'GAUDI', 'GAMBLER', 'POE' and 'DANCING SHADOWS'.
Vocalists include leading West End and Broadway performers, who have lent their talents to recording new vocals for a selection of songs from Woolfson's musicals including:
Sharon D Clarke (Ghost the musical)
Jacqui Dankworth (Les Miserables) www.jacquidankworth.com
The late Eric Woolfson was the creator, songwriter and lyricist of The Alan Parsons Project, which has sold over 50 million albums world-wide and continues to sell and be used in films and adverts internationally. After completing the final APP album in 1986 Eric turned his attention to musical theatre - a seemingly natural progression as he always wrote concept albums with a theme or story in mind. As the APP never toured, seeing his material come to life on the musical stage brought Eric tremendous satisfaction and enjoyment.
The musicals have all had great success on stages in Europe and Asia. It was Eric's ambition to have these shows presented on stages in the West End and Broadway and it is hoped this will become a reality soon helped by the launch of this stunning album.
GAUDI -Eric initially wrote the last Alan Parsons Project album 'Gaudi' inspired by the work of the great Catalonian architect, Antonio Gaudi. He encountered Gaudi architecture whilst on a visit to Barcelona for a PR tour of an earlier APP album and it became one of his favourite cities. Some songs from the APP album were rearranged for the musical along with many songs written especially for the show. It follows the struggle of a young author in Barcelona who is writing a book about Gaudi, and has to make the impossible choice between his art, true love and the lure of money. 'Gaudi' had its premiere in Germany in 1993 and was eventually moved to a theatre which was built especially for it where it ran for four years and was seen by over half a million people.
GAMBLER - Eric wrote two APP albums inspired by gambling - 'Turn of a Friendly Card' and 'Eye in the Sky'. In 1996 he combined some of the music from these albums with new compositions for a musical inspired by Dostoyevsky's short story of the same name. The musical follows the fate of a young man who thinks he finds the key to winning in the casino. GAMBLER premiered in Germany in 1996 and ran for 18 months. Seven productions of the show have also been staged in Korea including one that toured Japan (a first for South East Asian theatre).
- Ekahau's Real-Time Asset Tracking Solution Improves Caregiver Productivity at Altru Health System
- Dimension Data To Quadruple Its Data Center Business By 2018
- Ultratech Continues Corporate Culture Of Safety To New Facilities And Receives Award For Employee Health And Safety Policies
- EZchip Semiconductor Schedules First Quarter 2014 Results Release for Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Aviat WTM 3300: Smallest and Lightest 70-80GHz Radio for Small Cell and Macrocell Backhaul
- ROFIN-SINAR Announces 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results Teleconference and Webcast
- AVer Launches the EVC900, the First Video Conferencing System With an Embedded HD 10-Way MCU for Under $8500
- NACR to Attend Interactive Intelligence 2014 Conference
- B&O PLAY and Opening Ceremony have partnered up to present 'The Sound of Fashion' - a vibrant, vivid and playful approach to music, design and fashion.
- FiberPlex's New Converter 'Unifies Communications'