TODAY Continues to Post Solid Ratings Growth
NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and deliver substantial ratings growth. Season-to-date, TODAY has posted the largest year-to-year growth of the morning programs in the key demo A25-54. Over the first eleven weeks of the season, TODAY has closed the demo gap with GMA by 38% (42k) versus the same period last year. For the week of December 2 -December 6, TODAY delivered its biggest demo audience since the London Olympics and its narrowest total viewer gap with GMA in more than four months. TODAY also beat GMA in the demo on Monday, December 2 and Friday, December 6.
· TODAY posted its narrowest total viewer gap with GMA (661K) since the week of 7/22/2013
· TODAY's A25-54 demo delivery grew for the 8th straight week, posting its best average since the week of 8/6/2012 (week #2 of London Olympics) while narrowing the A25-54 demo gap with GMA for the 4thconsecutive week.
· TODAY beat GMA by +214,000 demo viewers on Monday and +155,000 on Friday
· TODAY was the only broadcast to post week-to-week ratings gains in W/A25-54
· Over the first 11 weeks of the season, TODAY has narrowed the demo gap with GMA by 38% (42,000) year-to-year.
· TODAY posted its best W25-54 rating since the week of 7/30/2012 (week #1 of the London Olympics).
· TODAY has now been #1 in rating Adults 18-49 for 24 consecutive weeks (including 5 ties).
· Season-to-date, TODAY is the #1 morning news program in rating Women/Men/Adults 18-49 and Men 25-54.
· Calendar year-to-date, TODAY has been #1 in Adults 25-54 ratings during 23 of 49 weeks (including 22 ties).
· TODAY has also been #1 in rating among Women 25-54 (19 weeks), Women 18-49 (40 weeks), and Adults 18-49 (45 weeks) during 2013.
Don Nash is the executive producer of TODAY (Monday-Friday, 7-11 a.m.).