THE TODAY SHOW Grows in Key Daily Demos
NBC's TODAY continues to deliver significant ratings gains, posting more growth in the key demo than any other morning program for the second straight week. Versus the same week last year, TODAY is up 20% (+339k) in A25-54 viewers. Over the first two weeks of the season, TODAY has closed the demo gap with GMA by 61% (128k).
For the week of September 30 - October 4, TODAY posted a 1.7 rating for the fourth straight week. TODAY also delivered its best A25-54 viewer delivery since the week of May 6, 2013. On Wednesday, TODAY topped GMA by +1 tenth in the demo.
In total viewers, TODAY has grown for eight straight weeks posting its best delivery since the week of May 6, 2013. Week to week, TODAY posted the largest total viewer gain of all the morning shows, and delivered its narrowest margin with GMA in six weeks.
· Over the first two weeks of the season, TODAY has closed the demo gap with GMA by 61% (128k)
· TODAY held steady in the demo, averaging a 1.7 for the 4th straight week while posting its best A25-54 (000) delivery since the week of 5/6/2013
· TODAY topped GMA by +1 tenth demo rating on Wednesday and tied on Monday
· TODAY posted its best rating W/A55+ since the week of 8/19/2013
· Season-to-date, trails GMA by -82,000 A25-54 viewers Versus a -210,000 deficit during the same period last year
· TODAY saw its best P2+ delivery since the week of 5/6/2013 (its narrowest margin with GMA in 6 weeks, since the week of 8/19/2013)
· TODAY had 8th straight week of delivery growth and posted the largest viewer gain of the morning shows (+126k) Versus prior week
· TODAY saw a gain in P2+ share of audience (36.3%, highest in 4 weeks) while GMA had its lowest share (41.7%) since the week of 7/22/2013
· TODAY showed the biggest growth of the morning shows Versus the same week last year in:
· +20% (+339k) in A25-54 (000), Versus a +15% (+283k) gain for GMA
· +21%/+30% in rating W/A18-49, Versus a +7%/9% gain for GMA
More On: Versus,